“Disappointed”

Pietruccio
Ranked #6 of 112 Restaurants in Hamilton
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Scotland
“Disappointed”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I feel a bit mean writing this review, having read all the previous glowing reviews, but I can only write how I find.

Over the past couple of years we have visited this restaurant a couple of time and always found it really nice, but we visited it on Saturday evening for my husband's birthday and were really disappointed.

As those of you who have been before will know, it is a really tiny restaurant with a nice atmosphere and quite a small menu, but given that it gets changed often thats never been a problem. We decided to go for the gourmet menu and it was explained to us that this was a seven course selection of various dishes on the menu, but unless you particularly dislike anything on the menu, then the courses were a surprise, she did also explain that there was a good time before each course, which would have been fine if there was anything much to digest.
Our first dish came and it was salmon something or other, it was literally two teaspoons of salmond on a lettuce leaf. It didn't taste of salmon and looked a bit like cat sick. After ages the next dish came out - it was three bits of asparagus with a sauce over. Ages later the next dish came out, a small half of roasted pepper with a tomato in it. Ages later, six tiny pieces of tortellini. By this time we are starting to get the picture, so ordered more bread. The following courses weren't much better, tiny portions, literally one forkful and they were gone - had they been heartier then the timing would have been good, as it was, we had too wait too long and as a result, by the time the last serving came out we finished that and decided not to bother with the pudding. Can I re-itterate to the manager if he is reading this -not because we were full as he told us!!! but because we were fed up with the tiny morsels and times between each course. I consider myself to be a foodie, but at 8st soaking wet, I don't consider myself to be greedy, we both left still hungry. At £32 a head, it definately wasn't value for money......

I wasn't particularly happy with the manager's attitude, he explained it is difficult to keep everybody happy with a Gourmet menu - I don't want to hear that, of course it is, but when I go out to dine I am only interested in what my party has to eat and the quality of the food.

I would re-iterate by saying, perhaps we chose the wrong thing because looking around, everyone else's food looked delish. You know how sometimes you see someone elses food in a restaurant and think "I wish I had ordered that" well that has never been more true for us than on Saturday evening!!

Visited March 2013
4 Thank WeeBurnie

Scotland
“Mother's Day Treat”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Personally I prefer petite restaurants as the atmosphere is perfect and cosy. Awaken your sense of taste with only one word to describe our lunch "delectable"

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank ScotlandAmbassador
Lanarkshire
“OUTSTANDING”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I found this restaurant thanks to TRIP ADVISOR , I phoned up on a sunday evening, (mothers day) doubtfull of getting a booking, when I arrived with my daughter it was very quiet, yet the atmosphere was welcoming. I could not praise the food or experience highly enough and have recomended it to so many people since going!
I have dined in many places but this small restaurant gives the best of them a run for their money! We had a 'gourmet' eperience which was outstanding! The owner Pino was so enthusiastic and was as excited as we were in out tasting adventure!
If your looking for a relaxed welcoming enviroment where exceptional food is served then you wont be disappointed !!! 10 out of 10 from us!

• Visited March 2013
3 Thank KarenPLanarkshire
“Exceptional Food with Friendly Service”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Myself, my wife, my mum and my brother and his fiancé went on a Saturday night for dinner. When calling around lunch time to make a reservation they did say they were full but called back 10 minutes later to say they could fit us in. It was our first time at the restaurant, first impressions were that it was small and nicely decorated. We ordered drinks including a couple of bottles of wine and ordered starters and mains all from the menu, no tricky off menu requests. The starters were excellent and we enjoyed a bit of time before the mains, this did however turn into over an hour but we were given a round of drinks free as way of an apology. We had the mains and all went for a dessert, all in all between us we had over half the dishes on the menu that evening and each one was exceptionally good, all perfectly cooked. Upon leaving near the end of the night we were thanked by the owner and once again he apologised for the delay in the mains. Maybe it was just because we had other things on later in the evening we noticed the wait as its the type of restaurant you could comfortably sit all evening and a lot of the other diners did. Wouldn't hesitate in returning!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Sy1441
Lanark, United Kingdom
“A CULINARY ADVENTURE”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Upon entering the restaurant, just across the road from the Strathclyde Police Hotel, you are struck by the very freindly and relaxed atmosphere. The restaurant itself is quite small and intimate, and lends itself well to a very romantic evening. We( my wife and I) opted for the gourmet menu, which in retrospect was probably not the best decision for us. It is a seven course meal, and consists of tasters from the main menu. Whilst the food, (which you have absolutely no control over, hence the review's title) was of excellent quality, the salmon tartare, asparagus in parmesan and fillet steak, especially were outstanding, I think the next time we visit we will opt for a normal meal. But all in all this was a great night out, in a very unpretentious setting, with very attentive staff. Excellent!

• Visited February 2013