“Quality!”

Pietruccio
Ranked #7 of 112 Restaurants in Hamilton
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Quality!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

Having been at Pietruccio's for the first time in early December 2012, at a workplace Christmas night out, I was impressed with the food and ambience.

I went back this week, taking my wife. We managed to book the last remaining table for a Saturday night, and it was just as well we had booked, as the place was full and people were being turned away. The staff are very friendly, particularly the young lad with the italian accent, and the even younger local woman with a great smile. We were made very welcome, and the menu explained to us. We decided to opt for the "Taster menu". This involved a bit of negotiation, as my wife doesn't eat red meat, only fish and poultry. However, it wasn't a problem, and the chef made a few suggestions, much to my wife's satisfaction.

The taster menu consistent of 6 dishes, plus dessert. There were three starters, and three dishes from the selection of main courses. It was left to the chef to determine which starters and which mains we received - and we were not dissappointed! The dishes consisted of a tasty crab meat salad; a scallop in a wonderful sauce; ham wrapped in aubergine; crayfish; and a beautiful beef plate. Dessert was a white chocolate mouse; berries in maple syrup; and a tiny litle sponge cake. Most portions consisted of 3 or 4 mouthfuls, although there was certainly plenty of beef for me to enjoy. My wife had a couple of glasses of wine, and I had two Moretti beers. Total came to around £85. If you're looking for fast food, this isn't the place! It's a leisurely dinner, in pleasant surroundings, with very attentive and helpful staff. As we left the chef appeared (may have been the owner?), and asked how we had enjoyed the meal! It's nice to see that, these days, people take time to ask. Many of the others in the restaurant, which probably only holds around 30-35 people, seemed to be on first name terms with staff. I expect that, given the quality here, we will soon be amongst them. Highly recommended.

• Visited January 2013
3 Thank Zarjaz

Hamilton, Scotland, United Kingdom
“lost its touch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

Sorry my view is, it simply has lost that special touch. This used to be a firm favorite of mine, however I have been left disappointed the last few times I was in, which is a shame as I think Pino had one of the best in restaurants in Hamilton.

Visited July 2012
3 Thank Carol Y
London, United Kingdom
“Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

I have now been to this restaurant twice as it was recommended by a family member and wasnt disappointed on either occasion. The food is fresh and very tasty! There is a great atmosphere in this restaurant and the service is fantastic.

I certainly don't mind waiting on my food if i know it will be fresh & delicious.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank Lauren R
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Birthday celebration”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

Celebrated my 50th birthday with family and friends in Pietruccio's. Opted for the gourmet menu. Food was amazing, service was warm and friendly. There were 25 people in our party and everyone raved about the quality and taste of the food. Pino was the perfect chef/host and made the night run so smoothly. I cannot recommend this restaurant highly enough! Some of the party had never eaten here before but they certainly will again and again and again. Thank you Pino for making my night so memorable.

1 Thank Margo S
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Gourmet Delight”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

This is only our second visit to this wonderful little italian restaurant. The venue is warm and relaxed accompanied by friendly and welcoming staff and the owner himself Pino. The gourmet menu option (which is a selection of dishes from the a'la carte menu costing only £25) is divine with every mouth watering plate of food presented well and building to what we can only describe as a crescendo of exquisite tastes at every stage of the seven courses. As other reviews have mentioned you will have to wait between courses as there is no 'brake bros' products on the menu and everything is cooked from scratch and seasonal.

• Visited December 2012