“Fantastic Night with great food and cocktails”

Elliots Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 45 Restaurants in Prestwick
Cuisines: European, Seafood, Scottish
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A cool, relaxed and sophisticated venue serving the finest food daily from 9am—10pm (10.30pm Fri & Sat). Stunning decor, a laid back atmosphere and an unsurpassed selection of freshly prepared dishes. Elliots restaurant is ideal for everything from light lunches to special occasion dining. Serving food until late, the restaurant is just the place to relax and dine after a long day at work or on the golf course.Elliots Bar is also open for drinks until midnight Sun/Mon/Tues (12.30am Thurs and 2.30am Wed/Fri/Sat).The best parties happen after dark, from exclusive one-off gigs to DJ nights, seasonal specials to regular favourites. With delicious food, perfectly mixed cocktails, fabulous company and an unbelievable selection of drinks promotions, we're all about fashionably late entertainment, all week long.
Greater London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Night with great food and cocktails”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

We came to Elliots for dinner and started off with a couple of cocktails which were probably the best Mojitos I had ever had, absolutely perfect. The bar area is very comfortable with plenty of seating and a buzzing atmosphere. In the restaurant, the food was fantastic and well presented with the menu offering plenty of choices. The wine list was very comprehensive and the waiting staff very attentive and professional. A highly recommended venue for a night out.

• Visited October 2013

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“FOOD GLORIOUS FOOD!!!!”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

After a full day car shopping my husband and myself found ourselves in Prestwick at tea time and very hungry. Chose this restaurant and boy are we glad we did. Had the pre theatre and it was well worth the money. Only complaint was the receipt is a little complicated to understand.It all added up so no major issues. The food is very very good and we enjoyed everything we had. The service was good but could be better had to look for staff to get another drink and condiments but just had to be patient. All in all we had a lovely meal in a lovely setting and it looks like the setting is set to get even better as they are currently going through some decor changes. Thanks to all the Staff for a lovely meal. :) :)

• Visited October 2013
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Excellent food but the service need to improve!”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Visited Elliot's with friends to celebrate my husbands birthday. The food was very good but the service really needs to improve, we waited so long for our drinks that we had to ask twice for them and even had to repeat our order before we eventually got them and one of them was wrong, there were only four of us there, how difficult is it to get an order of four drinks correct!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Sharos01
Barcelona, Spain
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing!”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Awesome, tasty, scottish breakfast. Excellent service and stuff.

I would definitely go back there if i was in that area again. Loved it!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Ceres333
Ayrshire, South West Scotland
“Good Food, Awful Service”
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

After hearing so many great reports my husband and I decided to give it a try. (Previously we had only been in for drinks and cocktails).

Menu looked lovely. We ordered a starter and main course each and asked for a bottle of wine to go with our mains.

After almost half an hour, our starters arrived. Err, no they didn't!! We had been given the 2 main courses for a table near to us. We pointed out the mistake and the meals were taken over to the correct table and we then waited a further 10mins for our starters to arrive. So far, not impressed, however, the food was lovely, no complaints there.

Our plates were cleared and soon our mains arrived. Things are looking up we thought, however, we had still not been given our bottle of wine! Having, unsuccessfully, tried to catch the eye of one of the waiting staff, my husband eventually had to get up and ask someone for our wine. It arrived as I popped the last forkful of food in my mouth!

We, politely, complained about the mix up with the starters, the long wait and the poor service, but were given a shrug of shoulders and handed our bill. Needless to say, there were no deductions made nor the offer of a complimentary drink. I would have been happy with just an apology, but nothing was forthcoming!

My husband and I like to think we are reasonably good tippers, when the service, food and atmosphere are all above par, however, on this occasion, we left just £3! The bill was £77 so we just rounded it up!

Unfortunately, this visit has put us off going back for another meal, but I will say that we do like some of their other establishments, namely Lido (looking forward to the re-opening) and Scotts.

Our score of 3/5 -Average, is for the food which was lovely. If I could score food and service separately, it would be 5/5 for food and 0/5 for service.

2 Thank MrsMurf