“Great meal, surprised it was so quiet”
Review of The Red Lion

The Red Lion
Ranked #25 of 45 Restaurants in Prestwick
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Went here for a meal after returning from holiday and was glad we did. On the night we visited they were doing two meals for £10 and this was excellent value as the meals were a decent size and my meal was unusual, but excellent. It was basically steak pie with black pudding in it and was served with plenty of potatoes and veg. The starters all went down really well, particularly the chicken tempura. The staff member that served us was really down to earth and friendly throughout and topped up the drinks when required. The restaurant was really quiet, which was surprising as the food was great. Overall I would definitely recommend for a good feed and decent prices.

2  Thank Mark T

Reviewed April 21, 2014

First time ever been in here and glad to say i will back, staff were great and really friendly, we didnt wait long at all for the food and it was fine, just what we expected when reading the menu, would definately go back as good value for money.

1  Thank Sarah S
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We popped in here for a quick drink and we were impressed by the staff. Very very friendly and smiley! I can't say anything about the food as we didn't eat here, but I we were passing through, I most certainly would drop in for a bite to eat.

1  Thank Deenuts
Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

Yes this pub is great on a Saturday night. Been a few times. Great atmosphere. A great night out. Staff are magic. Stunning wee lassie behind the bar.

6  Thank mark2078
Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

I have been up in Prestwick a couple of times for business. Been in the pub before and it wasn't the greatest ! But thought I would give it a second bash ! I ordered a pint of tenets it was flat so asked for it to be change! The man behind the bar tried arguing saying it was fine but he changed it anyways ! Still wasn't the best of pints! There was a tall boy standing at the bar with long hair clearly was a cook and the language that was coming out the young mans mouth was a disgrace it doesn't look good for business and put me and my partner off staying so went along to the pioneer. Would not waste my money again on a £3.10 pint

2  Thank Jacklocker