“Great for kids, no fun for parents”
Review of Kidz Play

Kidz Play
Ranked #1 of 8 things to do in Prestwick
Reviewed November 25, 2012

What child doesn't love soft play. So the simple review is to say that this place is great as it definitely meets the needs of the children coming to play.

This place has been refurbished within the last year or 2 with some very positive changes. The toilets were in great need of a make-over and are now a pleasure to take my little one to. I no longer feel the need to bring my Flash wipes! ;-). In my experience, they seem to be quite well maintained.

As a parent, the main problem with Kidz Play is the seating.
In trying to cram in as many seats as possible, it sometimes makes it IMpossible to either get to a seat, or worse, get out of it!
Potential visitors, be aware that if you visit at a relatively quiet time of day and choose a nice central table, if the place gets busy, you might find yourself blocked in when the outer tables fill up and people are sitting in the seats so you can't just move them out of your way.

Another issue that needs addressing is the food service. The last twice I have ordered food, i had to ask for it after at least a 20min wait. On the first occassion, my cousin & I had both ordered the same filling in a baguette. Hers arrived and mine didn't. On the second occassion, it was the same woman who took the order and again, they forgot to process the order and I had to return to ask for it.
My friend also had to return badly burnt toast she'd ordered for her little boy.

Perhaps a service where payment is made after the food is served would be more practical as it's more likely they'd remember to serve the customers then.

I'm sure I'm not the only customer who's had issues with the same member of staff not paying attention to her job and forgetting about customers so it's surprising that it hasn't been addressed.
Having said that, the owner is in quite often and she is a lovely woman, very friendly and strikes me as someone who wants to give people a chance.

All in all, Kidz Play is fine as long as you choose your seat wisely, avoid during peak times and steer clear of the food bar if you don't want to be disappointed and overcharged for mediocre offerings.

Mon-Fri, a "toddler group" service is available until 3pm where you pay a reduced entry of £2.65 and the child gets a juice and a digestive with some sliced apple. This is probably the best time to visit as it's not too busy so you won't get boxed into a seat. Just be sure to have your lunch before you arrive or it could be tea time before you get it at your table.

1  Thank Littlemisswifey

Reviewed November 6, 2012

very safe place for children to play in can see them at all times Food was good as well children played well together staff very friendly and helpful

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Kids love the soft play area, however the cafe let's down the establishment, this is the second time we've been & they have messed up our order. First time we were given a free coffee & cake for the kids, & a free admission for the next time we came, so we thought we'd use our free admission today, & yet again our order was messed up. They need to get people who actually know what they are doing on the tills, & reduce their prices. £3.40 for chips cheese & coleslaw, & £1.95, for three fish fingers! Also would it really kill the staff to smile when they serve a customer?

2  Thank Krystina B
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Went to kids play Prestwick for my daughters birthday (at her request)
The toilets look as they have just been done up and are nice, but apparently fathers can't change their babies.
There is NO seperate baby changing for fathers- it would be nice to have baby changing in the gents as well, or in the non-existant disabled toilets.
The girl serving was very polite and I wanted to tip her. I asked (looking at the tip bowl sitting ON the till) if the tips were shared or kept individaully only to be told that the management kept the tips. This I find poor.

2  Thank Connor_m_fluffy
Kidz P, Owner at Kidz Play, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

Thanks for your feedback .
Having recently purchased this business ( July 2011 ) we have modernised many areas of the business in the last 12 months . Unfortunately the less abled toilet was being modernised the week of your party . New baby changing facilities are available in both the newly refurbished ladies toilets and the less abled toilets available for mothers and fathers .
These renovation works will hopefully make everyones experience of Kidz Play more fun and enjoyable .
Regarding your comment on tips for our staff , this is totally untrue .
Since our ownership , every single penny given to our staff is shared between them every six months .
The owners have never , and will never do so in the future , taken tips given to any of our staff and the staff will confirm this .
I hope you do visit the centre again in the near future where I would be delighted to discuss any question you may have . Please feel free to contact me when you are next in .
Thanks
John Miller ( Owner )

Reviewed August 31, 2012

Great place to take children to develop their large motor skills and develop their social skills. Toilet facilities are clean and well stocked. Security gates are in operation at all times. Freshly baked scones are to die for. Polite and helpful staff who are always cleaning equipment and checking for any defects. :-)