“Fast service, decent burgers”

The Prestwick Pioneer
Ranked #10 of 44 Restaurants in Prestwick
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Scottish
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids, Bar scene
Dining options: Drinks, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: UK postcode: KA9 1JS
Irvine, United Kingdom
“Fast service, decent burgers”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

We visited here on Tuesday before heading to watch the football as we were running a bit late and knew we would be served quick. Despite being quite busy our meals came in just over ten minutes. Tennessee Burgers and a drink for about £6.50 each and the pint of lager was ice cold. I would normally get a steak from Wetherspoons on a Tuesday due to their great steak offer, but felt the burger would be quicker on this occasion. The steak deal was available at £7.69 and included a drink. The service was friendly and there seemed to be a good atmosphere. The toilets are a slight trek down a corridor to the back of the building, but this is quite a modern Wetherspoons bar and looks to be one of the cleanest. I noticed they have started doing a new chicken offer on Wednesdays so no doubt I'll have to give that a try. Overall I would definitely recommend for a decent feed and quality drink in a friendly environment at any time of day.

1 Thank Mark T

Irvine, United Kingdom
“Surprise food!”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Been here a couple of times recently. Last visit food wasn't very warm when served and I like my food to be hot. Last night we ordered our food and what came was nothing like I had ordered! I ordered an Italian chicken burger ( burger with pesto) what actually came was a chicken burger with lettuce , bacon and hoi sin sauce ?? I have to say it was very tasty so I didn't complain. I will go back though as the atmosphere was good and you can hear yourself speak without shouting over loud music.

New Cumnock, United Kingdom
“Ooh baby baby!! The Gourmet Hot dog is the shindig!”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Went here recently (3 times) and tried on two occasions the gourmet hot dog, and on one occasion the gourment burger (highlander)

These meals were amazing, and because I had coupons, under a fiver each. The gourmet hot dog (which comes with a pint btw, as does the burger) was just incredible. I can't be enthusiastic enough, great place, great atmosphere.

Ayr, United Kingdom
“first rate”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

been in several times twice as a family of 10 and also just my wife and I
meals were first class and service was excellent.
staff very friendly and helpfull. will definately be back

• Visited September 2013
“So so”
Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

Like most wetherspoons, there seems to be a lack of continuity, some days the food is great, sometimes awful, last meal I had was the breakfast, dry tasteless sausage, rock hard black pudding, greasy potato scones, does not make a good meal, uninterested staff didn't help, must try harder.

• Visited April 2013