“Stay clear!”

Brewers Fayre Monkton Lodge
Ranked #31 of 43 Restaurants in Prestwick
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Large groups, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Stay clear!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

Arrived and told to pick a seat.. my partner then went to order meal by someone who clearly didnt want to be there. Anyway, my mac n cheese arrived that looked and tasted disgusting. They changed my meal which wasnt much better with no refund of the difference in price. My 5 year old would even touch her meal. No staff came near to clear plates or ask how meal was. After half hour we left on the way out telling the "manager" about untouched kids meal to be reassured it was make daily(doubtful).. very over priced.. terrible food and bad staff.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Carvary crap”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

My 10 yr old was too tall, bout 1 inch over to enter soft play. When spoke to captain America she said rules are rules as she watched my daughter in tears. My party of 9 stayed and had Carvary. OMG had to ask for Bowles, then spoons, then plates then rolls ! When gettin meat was told by the chef there was no turkey and he said he's usually home by now as they always run outa meat !!! On a busy day like Mother's Day too !!!! There was no water in juice machine. Was told there was no cod left and they couldn't tell me what type of fish they did have !!! Batman passed pudding plate to my niece and she burnt her finger as plate was boilin hot, oops sorry he said, at least he said sorry !!!!! Was a disaster from the moment we entered, should have walked out. But I'll never come here again

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Oliviaparis123
Ayrshire, United Kingdom
“Soft play”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

My 9 year old daughter attended a birthday party for her 10 year old friend on saturday. When they got there she was not allowed to enter the soft play as she was 1 inch bigger than the recommended height to enter (she had boots on with a small heel) the lady in the batman suit just stood there and said she wasn't allowed in, whereas my daughter hadoto sit out while all her friends were playing till the meal came, im very dissapointed in monkton lodge for doing this to her and making her frrl left out st the party, surely a bit of discretion by the jobsworth would have given her a more enjoyable experience! We will never b back!!

3 Thank lac03
Dumfries, SCOTLAND
“Nothing wrong with any of our meals”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

We stayed in the premier inn on the weekend of march 21st. We had dinner when we arrived, the chip shop option, plenty of choice and very tasty fish, anything that was running out was quickly replenished. Full cooked breakfast in the morning was delicious, service was quick and attentive. We had a snack in the afternoon when we returned from golf, again staff attentive and food was quick to arrive and was lovely. Dinner that night, my wife had a sirloin, my son had the gammon and i had a t-bone. The place was packed but the food took no time to arrive and the waiting staff were all very attentive and always ready to serve. Continental breakfast option the next morning as we were golfing again, staff were very attentive.

Prestwick, United Kingdom
“New Mexican Buffet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

I went for a meal here last night to try the new Mexican Buffet (Monday Nights). There was a large choice of foods and everything I tried tasted very good. I would recommend this to people of any age as you can pick and chose what you want to eat and how much of it! The only small thing I would say is that there could be a bigger choice of salad. I would recommend getting the free refills if you want fizzy juice as some of it is quite spicy and it means you can drink as much as you like. The service was also very good, all the staff were nice and friendly. Brilliant!