“family occasion”
Review of Logans Restaurant

Logans Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 45 Restaurants in Prestwick
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 1, 2013

the service was great, very helpfull and friendly. the food was excellent and a great varied menu.the desserts were gorgeous!

Robert K, Owner at Logans Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your lovely words regarding Logans Restaurant. We are delighted that you enjoyed your evening meal and will pass on your comments to Head Chef Ian.

Kind Regards,

Robert Kyle
Proprietor

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Nice surroundings, pleasant staff, disappointing main course. The burger was half the diameter of the bun and overall I didn't go their for an a la carte type meal.
Good home style cooking with a bit more on the plate would have left a better taste on the pallet. My partners roast beef was pretty bland not very warm to be honest. We had a better meal in Wetherspoons 2 days ago at a third of the price.

Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

Great staff, great food, great value quality food in fantastic surrounding. Nothing a bother excellent choices

Robert K, Owner at Logans Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for leaving such a great review of your recent meal at Logan's Restaurant. So nice to read such great feedback.

Hope to see you back again in the future.

Kind regards

Robert Kyle, Proprietor

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Food very good, reasonable price. Staff very friendly and helpful. Very comfortable. Bar staff quick to serve you. Can get a bit busy and hot.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Decided to treat myself, my partner and my son to a meal out at Logan's.

This is our first time here and I am sad to say I am disappointed. I want to give a fair review.
The restaurant was lovely and cozy and quite busy. Staff were a tad slow but only to be expected when it was a little busier.

Starters,
Son had garlic bread..tasty. Partner Carlton scotch egg - yummy! And myself prawn tempura very nice.

Mains my partner had the burger which he said was lovely and my son had macaroni which he finished very quickly and enjoyed. My main was loin of lamb. The lamb was a bit chewy and fatty but being well done this cut of meat can be like that. What I didn't like was my dauphinoise potato's. On tasting they tasted sour and the more I ate the more I realised the cream was starting to go off. Easy mistake as when cream turns the odour isn't awful but the taste can be. I told the waitress this and she sounded surprised and if I'm honest disbelieving. She told me she would tell the chef. On returning she said the chef had been told an they were made with rosemary and garlic. Again in a mocking disbelieving tone. I assured her that on many occasions dauphinoise potatoes I've tasted indeed taste of garlic and rosemary but that these one's tasted sour. I was given a half hearted apology.

Our pudding's were really nice and the kids portion was huge.

I feel bad that the main let us down and for that we won't be returning nor recommending. I know mistakes happen but as a main meal at £14.50 (which in today's climate takes over 2 hours to earn) and to receive such a feeble apology isn't acceptable.
Feel quite let down and mocked as a customer.

1  Thank Rockybears