“Great stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Prestwick
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2014

Only stayed here one night as we were flying out early the next day. Ordered a suite for the 4 of us were surprised to find one queen bed and a sofa bed that hadn't been made up and no extra sheets, duvets, pillows etc. Anyway decided to go downstairs to the restaurant in the hotel, for dinner which was very nice and good prices. After dinner we went to the reception to ask for another duvet etc and the receptionist said the room next door is empty I'll give it to you free of charge! We were very surprised but didn't knock it back! Was nice of him and he didn't need to do that, he also made sure that a continental breakfast would be ready for us at 4.30 in the morning and offered to book us a taxi as well. Very impressed with the service and the breakfast was a nice spread but as you can imagine I wasn't particularly hungry this time in the morning! Would return here again if I was flying out from prestwick, very enjoyable stay

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank rfriel92

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Long Buckby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

Only stopped for one night on a quick stop over but the staff were both efficient and really pleasant, the rooms were of a good size, well appointed and with a really good bathroom / shower!
Breakfast was plentiful with a good selection and served in a nice area.
Will definitely come back.

Room Tip: Set well back from the main road so think all rooms are likely to be as good as any!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Irvine, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014

We stayed here on Wednesday night and found it pleasant. The staff members made it better by being very helpful throughout. When we arrived the receptionist was very nice and pointed out where our room was and told us when breakfast was served in the morning. An hour or so after arriving we were going out for a few drinks and the receptionist kindly phoned us a taxi when we called down. Later on that night, we ordered room service and the staff member that brought the drinks to our room was very friendly and offered to bring the drinks in. The beds were comfortable and the room temperature was nice, but the hallway was really warm. The décor was fresh and modern, although I did feel the tiles around the shower could do with some Mr Muscle before they get beyond repair and have to be replaced as they looked a bit grubby. There were plenty of tea and coffee facilities as well as shower gels and shampoos. In the morning we went down for breakfast just after 8am and were seated straight away by a male staff member, who was very helpful. However, the lad was rushed off his feet and I couldn't help feel another staff member would have made our breakfast experience that bit better. He had asked if we wanted tea or coffee then forgot to bring them, but this was not really his fault as he looked rushed and kindly apologised when I came across him in the hall later on that morning. The checkout process was efficient and for a comfortable stay I would definitely recommend this hotel. They have a restaurant, Logans to the rear or a Carvery restaurant at the front and drinks are not too expensive.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
dunfermline
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014

Just back from a 3 night trip as a party of 10 for a special birthday weekend. Never had any of the ten of us had so much praise for hotel staff ever. Each and every one of the staff were helpful and friendly beyond belief,without being intrusive. All of us have have stayed in a lot of hotels, but this one was exceptional, nothing was too much trouble, even the lovely chef came out to see us regularly to see if all was well, and we had all our needs met with a smile and cheerful banter. Food was excellent and portions plentiful. Room was clean and tidy. Light bulbs which had needed replaced were attended to promptly. The staff of this hotel could give those at some grander hotels a lesson in customer relations. Well done Carlton.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms have a little less privacy as cars parked outside the windows.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Sanquhar, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

I stayed at the Carlton Hotel on Saturday 26th April 2014, as I was there for a friends wedding. I paid £85.00 for a double room,p for two adults including Breakfast. Check in time was 2pm, however I received a phonecall to say that I was able to check in early. I was delighted that this was an option. I arrived at the reception to find it manned with two staff members, who greeted me with a smile. They checked me in to my room and escorted me to my room. I opened the door and my breath was taken away. A king sized bed, crisp, clean bedding, plush purple velvet chairs, wall mounted flat screen TV, a fully tiled ensuite bathroom with a full sized bath with a shower over the bath, tea and coffee kaki facilities and plenty of wardrobe space. The mattress was comfortable, no dirt or dust anywhere in the room at all. I went downstairs to the barony suite and was blown away by its contemporary feel. Plus carpets and booths, gorgeous lights relaxed atmosphere. A delightful young man named Michael, greeted me and welcomed me, he informed me the wedding was at 2pm, but I was free to stay and order a drink from the bar. He was charming, sharply dressed and spoke as if he had known me for years which made me feel at ease. I ordered a Logan's cooler from the bar which is a tropical fruity slush cocktail. It was sensationally tasty and excellent value for money. After a beautiful wedding ceremony, a four course meal was served with such precision, all food was piping not, and was outstanding. A delightful young lady named Karen was pleased to help with any enquiries during the wedding and made us feel like no question was too big an ask. The day went without a hitch and I slept on a marshmallow. Breakfast was beautiful the next day and the continental buffet had a vast selection and was perfect. I Opted for late checkout 12pm and that wasn't an issue. All in all a perfect stay at a perfect hotel. I could not fault it at all and will definitely stay here again. Fabulous!!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Horncastle, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

Stayed overnight on business, and found the Carlton inexpensive, comfortable, modern and clean. The rooms were quite stylish and well appointed although there were a few non functioning lights in some bathrooms and bedrooms and some of the TV remotes were missing. Although this took the gloss off the rooms a little, the beds and duvets were really comfy, just the usual British hotel issue of the room being a little too warm for me. The bar and breakfast rooms are really smart and the service at both was very good. The only real problem was the hot water (again) - the rooms at the end of the building are clearly a long way from the source. I waited 10 minutes for the shower to warm up at 645 AM when I was in a hurry to go to work. Still, at this price (Travelodge money) it was a really good deal.

Room Tip: rooms 203 - 206 seem to be a long way from the hot water supply.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank stuntboys-dad
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

Had our daughters wedding at this venue on the 26th April 2014.
We stayed here from the 25-27th april along with many friends from England and Northern Ireland. All agree that the service was outstanding, nothing too much trouble

We all ate and drank at this hotel on the friday evening , The food was first class and plenty of it ,all at a reasonable price. All the staff were excelent and very attentive looking after our every need.

On the saturday, the day of the wedding, nerves were jangling and we had a few last minute hiccups with the flowers. The Hotel took on the job of rectifying this with a local florist, which greatly relieved the pressure on us.

The manager Simon, Assistant Manager Tracy and the Wedding coordinater Karen were firt class as was the young man who acted as MC, His name escapes me at the moment but is worthy of a mention.The hotel kept everything flowing smoothly throughout the night
On the sunday morning, as was saturday morning, the breakfast was served with a smile, and once againg the quality was 1st Class.
Many of our wedding guests are now considering revisiting the hotel on one of there many tribute nights they have. Which is a testement to how much they enjoyed thir stay
Once again i would just like to thanl All The Carlton Staff for the service they provided. Although the staff is many we never encountered problem.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Prestwick
Parkstone
#4 of 6 in Troon
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,981 reviews
Fairfield House Hotel
Piersland House Hotel

Been to Carlton Hotel Prestwick? Share your experiences!