“Outstanding”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Prestwick
dunfermline
“Outstanding”
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Just back from a 3 night trip as a party of 10 for a special birthday weekend. Never had any of the ten of us had so much praise for hotel staff ever. Each and every one of the staff were helpful and friendly beyond belief,without being intrusive. All of us have have stayed in a lot of hotels, but this one was exceptional, nothing was too much trouble, even the lovely chef came out to see us regularly to see if all was well, and we had all our needs met with a smile and cheerful banter. Food was excellent and portions plentiful. Room was clean and tidy. Light bulbs which had needed replaced were attended to promptly. The staff of this hotel could give those at some grander hotels a lesson in customer relations. Well done Carlton.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms have a little less privacy as cars parked outside the windows.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Sanquhar, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 29, 2014

I stayed at the Carlton Hotel on Saturday 26th April 2014, as I was there for a friends wedding. I paid £85.00 for a double room,p for two adults including Breakfast. Check in time was 2pm, however I received a phonecall to say that I was able to check in early. I was delighted that this was an option. I arrived at the reception to find it manned with two staff members, who greeted me with a smile. They checked me in to my room and escorted me to my room. I opened the door and my breath was taken away. A king sized bed, crisp, clean bedding, plush purple velvet chairs, wall mounted flat screen TV, a fully tiled ensuite bathroom with a full sized bath with a shower over the bath, tea and coffee kaki facilities and plenty of wardrobe space. The mattress was comfortable, no dirt or dust anywhere in the room at all. I went downstairs to the barony suite and was blown away by its contemporary feel. Plus carpets and booths, gorgeous lights relaxed atmosphere. A delightful young man named Michael, greeted me and welcomed me, he informed me the wedding was at 2pm, but I was free to stay and order a drink from the bar. He was charming, sharply dressed and spoke as if he had known me for years which made me feel at ease. I ordered a Logan's cooler from the bar which is a tropical fruity slush cocktail. It was sensationally tasty and excellent value for money. After a beautiful wedding ceremony, a four course meal was served with such precision, all food was piping not, and was outstanding. A delightful young lady named Karen was pleased to help with any enquiries during the wedding and made us feel like no question was too big an ask. The day went without a hitch and I slept on a marshmallow. Breakfast was beautiful the next day and the continental buffet had a vast selection and was perfect. I Opted for late checkout 12pm and that wasn't an issue. All in all a perfect stay at a perfect hotel. I could not fault it at all and will definitely stay here again. Fabulous!!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Horncastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Stayed overnight on business, and found the Carlton inexpensive, comfortable, modern and clean. The rooms were quite stylish and well appointed although there were a few non functioning lights in some bathrooms and bedrooms and some of the TV remotes were missing. Although this took the gloss off the rooms a little, the beds and duvets were really comfy, just the usual British hotel issue of the room being a little too warm for me. The bar and breakfast rooms are really smart and the service at both was very good. The only real problem was the hot water (again) - the rooms at the end of the building are clearly a long way from the source. I waited 10 minutes for the shower to warm up at 645 AM when I was in a hurry to go to work. Still, at this price (Travelodge money) it was a really good deal.

Room Tip: rooms 203 - 206 seem to be a long way from the hot water supply.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank stuntboys-dad
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Had our daughters wedding at this venue on the 26th April 2014.
We stayed here from the 25-27th april along with many friends from England and Northern Ireland. All agree that the service was outstanding, nothing too much trouble

We all ate and drank at this hotel on the friday evening , The food was first class and plenty of it ,all at a reasonable price. All the staff were excelent and very attentive looking after our every need.

On the saturday, the day of the wedding, nerves were jangling and we had a few last minute hiccups with the flowers. The Hotel took on the job of rectifying this with a local florist, which greatly relieved the pressure on us.

The manager Simon, Assistant Manager Tracy and the Wedding coordinater Karen were firt class as was the young man who acted as MC, His name escapes me at the moment but is worthy of a mention.The hotel kept everything flowing smoothly throughout the night
On the sunday morning, as was saturday morning, the breakfast was served with a smile, and once againg the quality was 1st Class.
Many of our wedding guests are now considering revisiting the hotel on one of there many tribute nights they have. Which is a testement to how much they enjoyed thir stay
Once again i would just like to thanl All The Carlton Staff for the service they provided. Although the staff is many we never encountered problem.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

We visited on Easter Monday, we both had the carvery dinner, which we enjoyed. The waiter serving the meats was very pleasant as was the young gentleman on table service. Food was hot and tasty, good selection of veg but no mash! Restaurant itself is lovely, although if it's a sunny day, sit in the shade, sun streams in the big windows and it gets HOT. We will be back.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 22, 2014

We stayed at The Carlton last night and cannot fault it. The staff are fantastic and the service is second to none. well worth a visit. We had drinks in Logan's bar and later on had a meal. Food was excellent and portion sizes great. Well done to all the staff and management we are already looking at dates for our return stay.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 22, 2014

We stayed here on Sunday 13 April on bed & breakfast deal. Our room was clean and well equipment with tea-making facilities. On arrival the Receptionist made us feel very welcome and the rest of the staff were also very friendly and eagar to help with any of our needs. The Location is also quite good as it is situated on the Ayr Road at the end of Ayr and the beginning of Prestwick.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Prestwick
Parkstone
#8 of 17 in Ayr
Mercure Ayr Hotel
Mercure Ayr Hotel
#15 of 17 in Ayr

Been to Carlton Hotel Prestwick? Share your experiences!