“Very nice”

GreenLeadersGold level
Dublin, Ireland
“Very nice”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I was staying only one night but I did enjoy it very much. Room was nice and clean with a really comfy bed so everything what u need :) and there was even hair dryer :) Close enough to train station and taxi to the Prestwick airport is less than 5£.
For sure if I will be in area I will come back :)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
airmanPrestwick, Owner at Fernbank Guest House, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Hi Sabina. Thank you for taking the effort to write a review. We were both delighted that your stay was so pleasant. Please come back and we shall try to make your stay even better.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Polish first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Even although we had a late flight arrival, the checkin was smooth and efficient. Room was spacious, great shower. Cooked breakfast was plentiful and extremely tasty. The now out of fashioned sugar bowl, milk jug and teapot was a welcome sight, my husband was able to have his copious amount of tea without having to ask for topup. The owners were efficient as well as chatty and friendly. We will certainly go back there. 7 star treatment at 3 star prices!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
airmanPrestwick, Owner at Fernbank Guest House, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Thanks for your kind words. Linda and I were delighted your stay was so enjoyable. Some call sugar bowls etc old fashioned; for me it's just a wee touch of quality. Perhaps it's because, like your husband, I'm a bit of a tea Jenny too.
BELFAST
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I had booked small double room (that's all that was available) for 3 nights. Was then told on check in it was only for 1 person then found out it only had 1 half wardrobe, room was standard. Had to re-tune TV and it never half worked for us. Had to ask for more towels and cups as it was only laid out for 1 person even through i booked for 2 people. It was clean and tidy place inside. Breakfast was available for £5 pp however 2 out of 3 mornings we got tea that was freezing and sausages like rubber. Although we complained 1st morning we still got cold tea the next day. If you ask for anything more e.g. fresh towels/HOT TEA then it was hassle and a smart [--] remark. Be careful when booking rooms, I had checked price online £171, 2 people, small double, B&B. When i phoned to ask Andrew prices he told me £185, so obviously i booked it online as it was more expensive. All in all average place needs bit of tidying up outside.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank ALAN H
airmanPrestwick, Owner at Fernbank Guest House, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Alan, Thank you for your review. There were two aspects you mentioned about which I was very embarrassed; the room being laid out for one and the cold tea. I was personally responsible for the first since I forgot to advise my staff to lay out our single room (which has a full sized double bed) for 2 guests. On your pointing out the problem I rectified it immediately and it was not a hassle. Any attempt by me to mitigate my error may have come across wrongly. Second, your cold tea. I remain totally bamboozled by this situation and was doubly confused to read that it happened twice; you never mentioned it the second day. Our tea pots are filled from a pre-boiled urn and no other guest had the problem. Nevertheless, I am very sorry these elements of the service were not up to our normal standard.

As to room size, I think quite reasonably, that a room advertised and sold at a significant discount as a "small" double would be a wee bit smaller than a standard double. That said, if you wish to discuss any other aspect of your stay, please feel free to call, write or e-mail me. My name is David by the way -- not Andrew.
Empoli, Toscana, Italy
Reviewed August 26, 2013

This was a comfortable, clean guesthouse which is very convenient for those early flights from Prestwick airport! The only disadvantage of the room was that there was a very bright street light shining through the curtains all night and disturbing our sleep. I suggest getting heavier curtains ;).

Room Tip: Rooms on the lower floor may cut out the annoyance of bright street lights.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

airmanPrestwick, Owner at Fernbank Guest House, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Juliet, thank you for your review. Your comment about the curtains is well taken. Although already of black-out quality, they have developed the tendency to become detached on closing, hence leaving a gap through which the light shines. I have arranged for both a black out cover on the upper part of the window and a new closure mechanism to prevent the fault in the future. I am sorry that your stay was marred by this annoying problem.
Perth, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I was looking for a single room for a visit to the Ayr Flower Show and chose the Fernbank because it is located quite near the rail station and I knew I could get a bus to Ayr. We used to live near Prestwick and know the area well and have been back for many a visit. Fernbank was the most comfortable we have stayed in and I was made to feel very comfortable. Thank you to Linda and David for their hospitality and the superb breakfast.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Margaret S
airmanPrestwick, Owner at Fernbank Guest House, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
We were more than happy to host you during your (I hope successful) visit to the Ayr Flower Show). Thank you for submitting your very favourable review; much appreciated. We would love to see you again at next year's show.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Stayed here on a saturday night as we had planned a night out in Elliots along the road. Stayed in a twin room with my friend. Room was very clean and well decorated with en-suite modern bathroom. The was also a TV in our room and tea/coffee as well as a separated area with a dressing table and large mirror which we called the make up station! As soon as my friend and I arrived the owner Linda made us feel at home giving us keys to our room and advising us on where to go for good food for dinner! Not only this but the next day we asked Linda if we could possibly leave our suitcases at the guest house while we went out for a bite to eat. She said that was no problem at all and gave us a spare key to come and collect our cases later on in the day. We unfortunately slept in and missed breakfast but it did smell amazing as we were coming down the stairs in the morning!
I would highly recommend this guesthouse to anyone who appreciates great service and is wishing to stay in Preswick! I will be staying here again if we go back to the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to share your views on Fernbank Guest House. Linda said to say she was very pleased you enjoyed your night at Elliot's. Shame you missed breakfast but, if you are kind enough to visit us again, we shall ensure you don't sleep in. Once again, thank you.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Just back from our annual trip to Fernbank for Scottish Bowling Championships- would struggle to find better. David & Linda have became friends and make you so welcome its like a home from home. Rooms immaculate and well maintained.
Breakfast first class-served in a lovely dining room, where everyone catches up on their previous day(sometimes subtle hints to get us out!)
Lovely gardens to sit and enjoy with friends in the evening.
See you next year!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Mazza (must remember that for next year). thank you for your very kind review. Linda and I are delighted that, even after all these years, you still feel so comfortable at Fernbank. Needless to say, we feel exactly the same and look forward to next year's event and all the morning hilarity at breakfast. Your home from home awaits.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Prestwick
Parkstone
#8 of 17 in Ayr
Golf View
Golf View
#1 of 17 in Prestwick

Been to Fernbank Guest House? Share your experiences!