I booked last year for our party of 8 golfers which required a £45/head advance fee. Quite understandable as the peak season approaches for golf visitors to this special west coast of Scotland with Turnberry, Royal Troon, Prestwick and Western Gailes all in close proximity. The single rooms at £54pp including breakfast were quite small but all had en suite facilities and were quite adequate. Twin bedded rooms or doubles were £74pp including breakfast all with en suite bathrooms and rather more generous space. Although on three floors there are no lifts so this is a hotel for the fit and agile? My only real grumble was the absence of safety handles to ease access in and out of the bath to use the shower. With two metal hips, I have to be very careful with this manoeuvre and certainly use such handles if available. They are not costly and would help to prevent any bad slips. The breakfasts were freshly cooked and perfectly acceptable but offered without much imagination eg very little fresh fruit, choice of yoghurts, moderate coffee and packaged, cold pastry and bread items. However, the staff were most accommodating and pleasant so I would certainly return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Seafront location; adjacent to Prestwick Golf Club and St Nicholas Golf Club. The Hotel has 30 ensuite bedrooms, restaurant, bar and caters for early morning departures or late arrivals. The Hotel is 2 minutes from Prestwick Town rail station and a five minute walk to the centre of town. Prestwick International Airport is two minutes by taxi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Parkstone reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parkstone Hotel Prestwick
- Parkstone Prestwick, Scotland