Parkstone
Golf View(Prestwick)
Abbey Cottage(Prestwick)
The Bay House(Prestwick)
TripAdvisor
All reviewssea viewcoal firebeer gardensea frontfirst classnew ownerschristmas presentfirth of clydecooked to perfectioncourse dinnergroupon dealan overnight stayfood was lovelyfriendly hotelboth nightsbirthday treatdb b
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Go twice a year to this hotel and have never had any reason to complain The service is great and the staff are really friendly, and helpful food is excellent
You can travel by bus or train to Ayr Troon and Burns cottage Prestwick itself has some really good shops and plenty of places the hotel itself is next to the Raf club who also make you very welcome when no entertainment on in hotel

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sazz1
Parkstone_Prestwick, Owner at Parkstone, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review - it is most appreciated. I apologise for the late response; the Hotel has been rather busy and I have fallen behind in replying to our clients.

We are pleased you again enjoyed your stay at the Hotel and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Very nice hotel, all staff were very friendly. We arrived around 1.30pm and were welcomed into the hotel by the manager. Our room was ready also which meant we could put our bags in and head out with out having to wait about with our bags. A great price for dinner bed and breakfast. Dinner was lovely. Rooms were very nice and clean.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

We are pleased you enjoyed your stay at the Hotel and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

We stayed here for 1 night, wish it was longer. The hotel is very clean the staff were very nice and the food was lovely.Also right next to the beach. We had a groupon voucher so it was a very good deal, dinner bed and breakfast all of which were lovely. The log fire was a lovely touch we sat there and had a few drinks 2 many at night. The staff were very nice and even put an extra heater in our room, as it was a cold night, without us even asking thought that was really nice.

Room Tip: Room 14 is spacious and has a bay window over looking over the beach, lovely view.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 10, 2013

I stayed here for one night in July 2013 following a day out in Troon.
The hotel is right on the front, the car park and main entrance are from the back, so take the road to the left before you get to the sea front.
I booked a single room and it had a single bed, tv, kettle/tea/coffee. It was quite small, but when you opened the door to the room you had a fabulous, uninterrupted view right out to sea - I was on the second floor.
The bathroom had a strange sliding door and there was quite a bit of dust between the wall and the shower cubicle. This was very visible when using the toilet. Apart from that the room was very clean.
There is also an entrance from the bar which takes you through a beer garden and out to the sea front.
I would recommend that you ask for a booking at the restaurant. They had a private function on the night I stayed and were fully booked until quite late. It was well worth the wait.

I had a fabulous three course meal and wine at a very reasonable price and although the restaurant is only small, the staff are very attentive and friendly and the food was absolutely fantastic.

Breakfast had a choice of cooked or pastries, yoghurt, cereal, etc. The full Scottish was a very nice way to start a lazy Sunday!

This hotel would be ideal for a night away with a nice meal or even as a base to explore Ayrshire. I would thoroughly recommend you forget the diet for the weekend and book a night here with dinner and breakfast.

Room Tip: TRy and get a room at the front with sea views. The rooms on the second floor get a bit hot, but not unbearably so.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

We are pleased you enjoyed your stay at the Hotel; I have passed your comment regarding the dust on to our Housekeeping staff. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

We stayed at Parkstone for 1 night prior to our early morning flight to Crete. The staff were fantastic, from the easy check, the welcoming bar and waitressing staff to the night porter who made us real ground coffee at 5am in the morning! At £99 per couple for DBB this is a very good deal. And you get free parking while away abroad. Great deal and credit to the hotel for the package.

The reference in the title to my post was simply a reference to the golfers who were staying there. Prestwick is famous for its golf course so the golfing market Is an important one for tourism in the area. We enjoyed eavesdropping on stories of incredible irons into greens and missed putts. Why do golfers wear the most god awful gear?

In summary, thanks for a great stay - as the previous contributor says, we'll worth the 3 star rating but more like 4 stars for service and the DBB deal.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the sea and promenade for the views
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple