“Very friendly welcoming hotel”

Prestwick Old Course Hotel
Ranked #6 of 17 Prestwick B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I've just returned from an overnight stay, and I found the hotel great value for money, Anthony was extremely helpful and I felt like nothing was too much trouble but the poor guy was working from the morning I got there till I left, on his own, I would definitely stay there again but I think another staff member working would be a great help, it takes a while to get served at the bar but that is only because the guy is getting something for someone else so it's no reflection on him, but surely some help would go far

• Stayed: February 2013

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Husband and myself booked this through late rooms and when we arrived to check in we were told they had no record of our booking but not to worry as they had a room - ok we were out of season but if they had been full what would have happened. We were shown to room 4 and all was well, nice room overlooking the golf course but a few things to note - the curtains do not fit the windows so lots of gaps in them. shelf in bathroom slopes so things would fall off it. bathroom light is a pull cord and the bit was missing off the end of it. socket hanging off the wall behind bedside cabinet. Room was clean and tidy and well made up. bar states it is open 12 noon till midnight but on passing it several times there was no one around to serve. Breakfast was great, usual cereals, toast, tea, coffee and a choice of cooked breakfast. Overall we only stayed 1 night and it was comfortable enough. would we stay here again - no probably not

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Elenitelass
Reviewed January 12, 2013

We stayed here before leaving, and after returning from holiday flying from Prestwick. The rooms were very spacious, clean, and comfortable, with a nice view over the golf course. Breakfast was " help yourself" to cereal, toast, and coffee, then a choice of four breakfasts was offered. We both had the full Scottish, and it was very good. Considering that you would pay around £25 for a similar ( though not as good) breakfast in the airport, and taking 9 days car parking into account, we felt this was excellent value. We'll definitely return.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Just returned from an over night stay and have no complaints ,staff were really friendly and happy to help the room we had was excellant for what we needed and very clean.View over the golf course also good .myself and my husband and 2 daughters had a good time and although the daughters did not want to get up for breakfast it was their loss as breakfast was really good and plenty to choose from.Will be sure to book here again the next time we are looking for affordable accomadation in prestwick.Thank's to all at the old course hotel Prestwick .

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 25, 2012

This was a one night stay for me and strictly bed and breakfast as I was out of my room on the lash for most of my visit. When booking the room online I was limited to a single room with a shared bathroom. Fair enough, they must be busy I thought. On arrival I was met by Anthony. He was very polite and made me feel welcome. Room was very clean and had everything you would expect. The shared bathroom was right next door. No problems so far. Retired to my bed that evening. Bed was comfy. Woke up early though as I was a bit cold in the room. The shared bathroom was even colder with a bare, tiled floor and no apparent heating. The electric shower was a nightmare and took about 5 minutes of adjusting to get somewhere in between scalding hot or bloody freezing. Even then all I got was a dribble. Breakfast was fine. A good selection of cereals, tea, coffee, juice etc. A TV had BBC News on. Views out the lounge window are very good. It looks right on to the Old Course itself. I went for a cooked breakfast and it was ok. Would have preferred slightly bigger portion and maybe some beans. In the time I was there I only saw one other guest and I got the impression that the hotel was nowhere near booked out. Not sure why I was given the room I was given that being the case. I would use again as It is perfect for my needs. Another plus point is that it is 30 seconds walk from the train station and 2 minutes walk from the main street. Overall, for 37 quid you can't argue.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 10, 2012

stayed here with my gran for a night away. We travelled down on friday evening and were checked in without a fuss. Room was spacious and modern, very nicely decorated. The staff had alsoaccomodated our request for a ground floor room due to my gran's mobility and the heating was on for us arriving. We visited the sister hotel up the road for dinner which was lovely. Providing an Indian meal for a lady in her 80's who doesn't like garli is quite a challenge! We came back to the hotel to have a drink before going to bed. Have to say the drinks very very expensive and service slow considering there was only one other group in. We also felt a bit awkward as they had set up most of the sweet bar and set up for a wedding taking place the next day. This was the same at breakfast- we felt as if we were in the way by having breakfast and the staff had to hunt out a table that wasn't already set up for the reception. Food was tasty and well presented but could have been warmer. Over all we had a lovely time, but wouldn't have a drink in the bar again and would have liked to fel less in the way. Would stay here again though.

Room Tip: ask for a rom at the front of the hotel facing ono the golf course
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 1, 2012

My husband and I picked this hotel because of its closeness to the airport.When we arrived we were told due to an overbooking problem we would be staying in the hotel next door.We were escorted next door and shown our room.A very large room.A VERY VERY COLD room.My husband went to reception to ask if the heating could be addressed and about an hour later a little heat was filling our fridge of a bedroom.We were told when booking breakfast was served from 7.30 am which we thought was great as we would be leaving at 8am for our flight and a good Scottish breakfast sounded ideal to set us on our journey.Unfortunately this was not to be.Breakfast was not going to be served until 8am so a continental breakfast would be sent up to our room(coco-pops,a yogurt and a banana not quite the same)Also our new hotel was over an Indian Restaurant.The smell of Indian cuisine wafting through your bedroom not very appetizing.Consequently the entire stay was a nightmare.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Prestwick
Parkstone
#1 of 17 in Ayr
Golf View
Golf View
#1 of 17 in Prestwick

Been to Prestwick Old Course Hotel? Share your experiences!