“Excellent!”

Ranked #28 of 61 Ayr B&B and Inns
Durham
“Excellent!”
Reviewed April 21, 2012

I stayed for two days and found literary everything first class.

Room Tip: Just book it and enjoy your stay
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Denbighshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 14, 2011

We stayed at Greenan Lodge to attend a family wedding in the Brig o' Doon and had a fantastic time.
Helen and Alan are the perfect hosts, so much so that we were made to feel like part of the family.
We arrived late on a wet Friday night and were welcomed with a smile and treated to tea and biscuits in the sumptuous guests lounge.
Rooms were spotlessly clean, comfortable, warm and well appointed.
Delicious cooked breakfast with unlimited tea and coffee (fruit juice, cereals, yoghurt etc. also available).
If we were to visit Ayr again, we would definitely make the Greenan Lodge our 1st port of call.
Congratulations and well done to Helen and Alan for your outstanding service and facilities... Faultless 
Pam, John & Molly - North Wales

• Stayed October 2011
Winchester, Virginia
Reviewed October 8, 2011

This was my first time staying in a B&B. Normally, I prefer the anonymity of hotels, but I am glad I chose to stay here. First, I have to say, I was much later arriving than I had initially planned for (and what I had told the owners); but even though I was a few hours behind schedule, they never acted impatient or like it was an imposition. The lady of the house (sorry, I am sooooo bad with names!) was also wonderful with helping plan places to see in the area. I only stayed for one night, but even though she knew it was more of a stop over (as opposed to a B&B vacation), she still provided wonderful service, including offering to turn down the bed and everything (another first for me). I would definitely stay here again, and if I ever make it back to Scotland, would plan for several days' stay (the Ayr countryside is beautiful and this B&B is well placed--an easy drive to Alloway and Culzean Castle).

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 13, 2011

Stayed at Greenan Lodge for a wedding at the Brig O Doon hotel . I booked if at the last minute and was not disappointed . The location was great and the guest house itself was beautifully presented and immaculate . Alan and Helen couldn't have been more welcoming and even dropped us off at a local restaurant to save us a walk in the rain . Hope to come back one day to stay and would thoroughly recommend to anyone going to the area .

• Stayed September 2011
Uddingston, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Myself and my partner have just returned from an overnight stay at this B&B after being at a wedding at the Brig o' Doon hotel. From the moment of arrival, we were made to feel welcome as we were shown around. Due to the weather, we were given a lift to a local restaurant which was very kind.
The room we were in was of a good size & very clean. Breakfast was served between 8.30 - 9.30 with plenty of options. Overall, a cracking place with with friendly owners.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed August 25, 2011

---and we did! This time to attend a friend's wedding at the famous Brig O'Doon Hotel. Once again we were treated to the best of hospitality, a comfortable, clean and spacious room, and even a lift to the wedding venue. Cannot recommend this place enough!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Lisburn
Reviewed August 19, 2011

I had the good fortune to be part of a wedding party that stayed here over two nights. The place was highly recommended by friends of ours and it lived up to its reputation!
Set on the main coast route and only minutes from our destination at the Brig O Doon Hotel, it ticked all the boxes.
The interior is beautiful, the rooms big and airy (we even had a leather sofa!) and the dining room is the kind you do not want to get up and go from. The service we had was excellent and our breakfast was perfect after a good night out.
We were all sorry to leave after a great weekend.
6 out of 5!