“NIce but very quiet”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“NIce but very quiet”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

This was a nice dinner, I had the Thai curry and my girlfriend had the burger. The curry was nice but didnt really taste like a thai curry. The staff were very helpful and nice. The only thing which I thought was strange is that the restaurant was very quiet when all the other restaurants were really busy

Visited November 2013

Ayr, United Kingdom
“Mixed review ”
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

I went for a family lunch . I have been wanting to go for a long time to try the food here as you read reviews and think you will have a lovely meal .
I say a mixed review becouse who said their lunch was nice and others said it was average .
My starter was very salty I think they over done with the soya and I was lucky I had one noodle on the plate . I was not the only person who thought that .
The meals were not that hot when they came out . As it was not busy you would expect nice hot meals and plates , food cooked there and then. .
My friend who had a caesare salad asked without the capers said rather than tasting of chicken it was very fishy .
So did the capers get picked out !!!
For the standard of restaurant you would think a salad would be freshly made .
My uncle who had a shepherd pie said he is still looking for the meat that was suppose to be in it .
At the end of our meal we all had teas and coffee . A bit over priced for a small cup of tea £2.95 each . 3 people had tea they came with a pot of tea poured out the tea and took the pot away . A bit much nearly £9 for a small cup of tea . They could have left the pot at that price .

The restaurant is lovely inside .

The staff friendly but the lunch a bit disappointing .

“Fantastic...”
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

Food was fantastic and waiting staff very good although a bit quiet. The restaurant it's self sits in a beautiful building. Will definitely be back...

preston
“wonderful”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

we were guests at the Fairfield hotel and we found the food and service at Martins Bar and Grill so wonderful that we dined there nearly every night of our stay in Ayr. fabulous food - presentation and taste were totally wonderful. lovely friendly staff both at the bar and the grill. definitely will go back.

Visited August 2013
Collin, Scotland
“Wonderful meal.”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Excellent standard of food from both the main menu and rosette menu. Caesar Salad starter more like a main course in terms of portion size.

Visited September 2013