“wonderful”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 14, 2013

we were guests at the Fairfield hotel and we found the food and service at Martins Bar and Grill so wonderful that we dined there nearly every night of our stay in Ayr. fabulous food - presentation and taste were totally wonderful. lovely friendly staff both at the bar and the grill. definitely will go back.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Excellent standard of food from both the main menu and rosette menu. Caesar Salad starter more like a main course in terms of portion size.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Food was really lovely, staff really nice would definitely recommend it.The atmosphere was really nice. Nicely decorated. It was very quite the night we were there.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Didn't dislike anything about Martin's Bar & Grill 10/10 staff and ambience were great, very helpful and friendly, one happy customer :-)

Reviewed August 1, 2013

I was staying at The Fairfield House Hotel for three nights whilst on a golfing tour of the UK.

I arrived at the hotel by car late in the afternoon and was tired by the time I arrived. I decided to dine in the restaurant as it was on site and easily accessible.

The decor was subdued yet enticing, very well appointed and modern. Silver service with beautiful table linen, set to perfection. I later understood this restaurant has won Rosette awards, so it was no surprise to find the quality of the meal excellent.

I was so impressed with the standard and quality of the meal presented the first night, I just had to return to sample other items on the menu on the subsequent two nights. A fine dining experience on each occasion.

I tried a variety of entrees, main courses and deserts during my three nights and was delighted on each occasion. I find it very difficult to choose the best of them as they were all superb in their own way.

If really pushed, the entree of Fritto Misto was excellent, the main course of Spicy Prawn Salad, composed of chilli and ginger king prawns and accompaniments, and the dessert of champagne jelly were those which stick in my mind most.

The service is excellent, as is the spacing between courses. Portion control is very generous.

The wine list is extensive with wines drawn from all over the world. I chose French wines, the Chablis of which was excellent.

Chef Liam is to be congratulated on his work. He made my stay in Ayr, at The Fairfield House hotel, memorable for all the right reasons.

When I return to Ayr, I will certainly be choosing Martin's Bar and Grill to dine.