“Wonderful meal.”

Dining options: Reservations
Collin, Scotland
“Wonderful meal.”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Excellent standard of food from both the main menu and rosette menu. Caesar Salad starter more like a main course in terms of portion size.

Visited September 2013

Uddingston, United Kingdom
“Excellent food”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Food was really lovely, staff really nice would definitely recommend it.The atmosphere was really nice. Nicely decorated. It was very quite the night we were there.

Visited August 2013
Lanarkshire, Scotland
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Didn't dislike anything about Martin's Bar & Grill 10/10 staff and ambience were great, very helpful and friendly, one happy customer :-)

Visited August 2013
Melbourne
“Martin's - a rare find!”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I was staying at The Fairfield House Hotel for three nights whilst on a golfing tour of the UK.

I arrived at the hotel by car late in the afternoon and was tired by the time I arrived. I decided to dine in the restaurant as it was on site and easily accessible.

The decor was subdued yet enticing, very well appointed and modern. Silver service with beautiful table linen, set to perfection. I later understood this restaurant has won Rosette awards, so it was no surprise to find the quality of the meal excellent.

I was so impressed with the standard and quality of the meal presented the first night, I just had to return to sample other items on the menu on the subsequent two nights. A fine dining experience on each occasion.

I tried a variety of entrees, main courses and deserts during my three nights and was delighted on each occasion. I find it very difficult to choose the best of them as they were all superb in their own way.

If really pushed, the entree of Fritto Misto was excellent, the main course of Spicy Prawn Salad, composed of chilli and ginger king prawns and accompaniments, and the dessert of champagne jelly were those which stick in my mind most.

The service is excellent, as is the spacing between courses. Portion control is very generous.

The wine list is extensive with wines drawn from all over the world. I chose French wines, the Chablis of which was excellent.

Chef Liam is to be congratulated on his work. He made my stay in Ayr, at The Fairfield House hotel, memorable for all the right reasons.

When I return to Ayr, I will certainly be choosing Martin's Bar and Grill to dine.

• Visited August 2013
Marion, Indiana
“Excellent Meal; Convenient to Hotel; Wine List++”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

This modern glass restaurant is the perfect counterpoint to the old-world Fairfield House. Open, airy, and with panoramic views of the Firth of Clyde and sunset over Arron Isle. Started with the local smoked salmon with blinis, creme fraisch, and caviar-which was wonderful! I chose the aged fillet of beef, with a perfect peppercorn sauce, and finished with our favorite; sticky toffee pudding with vanilla ice cream. An absolutely delicious meal. My cousin chose a bright and refreshing white wine, from Martin's extensive wine list, and reported that it accompanied her fresh fish entree perfectly. The service was superior, and the guests were a lively mix of hotel guests, local regulars, and festive travelers. We thoroughly enjoyed our gourmet dinner at Martin's Grill, at the Fairfield House Hotel, in Ayr, Scotland!

• Visited April 2013