“Lovely meal - 15 years since I first ate there!”

Cecchini's Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 197 Restaurants in Ayr
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Reviewed May 6, 2014

I first went to Ceccini's when I was 15 for a birthday treat I am 30 now and live in London, so I feared that my tastes may and changed and it might not be as good as I remembered. But, it was fabulous when I went on Sunday 4th May 2014.

I was in a group of 7 - we had pre-booked and we all ordered from the pre-theatre menu, as it looked good value for money. Everyone was happy with their meals, which I was surprised about: as there are some picky eaters in our group. I had the mozzarella sticks and then spaghetti and meatballs. My mum had the mushrooms on garlic toast and the chicken breast with mash and leek sauce. The staff were very helpful and even allowed us to order after 7 and still get the special offer. It was a nice atmosphere - with a Radio 1 Live Lounge acoustic CD on in the background.

I will be back next time I'm in Ayr.

Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

After a hard mornings work it was time to treat my wife and youngest daughter to lunch (daughters choice) - the breaded mozzerella sticks here are one of her favourites so decision made. Today's chicken and mushroom soup was amazing and my honey ham, tomato and rocket sandwich was tasty (bread a little too thick for me though) - wife's pate was excellent and the cajun chicken burger appeared popular with them both also. Service was attentive and thoughtful as ever and the toilets here are immaculate. Always tasty and satisfying food that will not break the bank.

Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed a tasty starter of pasta then meatballs and spaghetti. Nice bottle of Pinot Grigio. Altogether good value, enjoyable meal, friendly staff, relaxing atmosphere. We'll be back.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

Recent visit to this place was disappointing in that the food was average though the service by the staff was good. My pasta dish which was small meatballs,tomato and pasta based was nearly £10 together with a very basic smoked salmon starter meant. I won't be going back when there are so many excellent places to eat in Ayr and Prestwick.

Reviewed April 12, 2014

Our first time in Ayr and we booked for an early dinner - delighted to see pre-theatre menu on offer and as that was where we were going we opted for that. OK, it's limited compared with the main menu but still plenty of choice.

The staff could not have been more attentive and although they were getting busier, we didn't feel hurried. Food was excellent and we both had starter & main - much too full for pud so very good value. Nice Merlot too!

Will visit again next time we're in Ayr