“Good holiday, except for...”

Craig Tara Holiday Park - Haven
Ranked #2 of 8 Specialty Lodging in Ayr
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Slugs. We stayed in one of the apartments and slugs were getting in every night, which we only realized on our third day there when we noticed their trails. Aside from being disgusting, this is also a health hazard as my 17 month old could easily have picked one up. The carpet in the apartment was soaking when we arrived, and remained wet for our entire holiday, so there may have been a leak somewhere. Reception were told about it, they did nothing. We also asked for mattress protectors for the bed (for my daughter) and were told we would get some, none showed up. They did fix the broken bathroom lock though. We did not attend any entertainment other than bingo, because my daughter didn't like the noise/dark. Overall it was an enjoyable holiday, other than the complaints listed above. There is lots to do on the park, especially for children.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Craig T, Manager at Craig Tara Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2014

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback. I would like to take this opportunity to offer my most sincere apologies that you arrived at your accommodation and were disappointed. You should expect your accommodation to be prepared to the highest possible standard prior to your arrival and we agree that it is unacceptable that you found this to be otherwise. I asked for a report regarding this from the maintenance manager, he has informed me that there has been an investigation into the leak in this accommodation and sends his apologies.

I am however pleased to hear you enjoyed the rest of your time on the park; we have a lot of facilities and attractions which I’m sure your family enjoyed.

We do hope to welcome you back soon.

Guest Relations

Write a ReviewReviews (2,212)

Reviewed June 20, 2014

We stayed at Craig Tara for 4 nights and had a very enjoyable stay. I have to say I went with low expectations after reading some of the reviews but we found the facilities, staff and accommodations up to a very good standard.

We stayed in the standard caravan and it was clean, roomy for us and had everything we needed. The bed was comfortable, there was always a supply of hot water and the heater in the livingroom warmed us up.

We had a few drinks in the bar which I think has recently been improved and it looked modern with a wide range of drinks and the staff we always really nice.

The grounds we always being tented to when we were there. Bushes being trimmed and the grass was cut. The kids park had lots of things in it and they were a good standard.

There was a shop where you could stock up and it was reasonably priced. However if you wanted a wider choice the park is only 5 minutes from Ayr.

Overall a great trip which exceeded expectations and I would definitely recommend a visit.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Craig T, Manager at Craig Tara Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback. What a great review thank you! I am delighted to hear that you and your family enjoyed your caravan, and all the facilities and attractions available on the site. I will certainly pass your comments to all team members.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

My friends and I went to Craig Tara for a weekend break. We used the SUN holiday coupon and upgraded to a caravan, with linens and the entertainment passes. Check in was a breeze, very friendly and directions to caravan were easy to follow. Caravan was clean & tidy, the only issue we had were ANTS, as soon as we contacted the reception someone was out with and dealt with the issue. Fantastic for kids, entertainment at night wasn't the best but still enjoyed it. Would definitely go back for a weekend break.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Donna M

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback. I am delighted to hear that you had a great time here on park. During the warmer periods the appearance of ants if fairly common. We do however have ant traps available which in this cause resolved the problem for you. I will pass your comments to our accommodation team who will be pleased to receive feedback regarding the cleanliness of the accommodation.
I am happy to hear that your kids found the facilities and attractions fantastic, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

Went private with ayr123 . Staff were great and friendly met us at caravan on arrival showed us around and ensured we were happy with caravan before leaving us to enjoy our stay. We were right on the front at ayr bay view amazing views and the picture of the sunset at night sitting on the veranda was stunning . Caravan was clean and had everything you needed. I will be returning again and will be booking with ayr123 there prices are great and caravans well looked after and equipped with what you need. Veranda had locking gate which was great having 4 year old grandson. Park has plenty to keep the kids busy i will be booking again with ayr123 for sure check them out and view the caravans in pictures on website . Thanks for a great holiday

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank mozif
Craig T, Manager at Craig Tara Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2014

On behalf of AYR 123 thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

Had a four night break in 'Ellisland' apartments (the cheapest ones!) Very basic but perfectly clean and adequately equipped with modern shower room and new windows etc. Mattresses were old and needed replaced however it was nice and cosy and perfect for our family of four (including a baby and a three year old).
The three year old loved the swimming pool, the fair ground and the entertainment in Bonga Wonga. Drinks and food are not particularly cheap or exciting but you don't have to have them if you don't want to. There's lots of other nearby entertainment outwith the park, Culzean Castle & Heads of Ayr Farm Park - both excellent.

2  Thank Laura H

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and in our apartments. They are very cosy and are perfect for small families.

I am delighted to hear that your three year old loved the swimming pool and facilities throughout the park. We are lucky to have some brilliant local attractions around the area, which I am sure your feedback will encourage other families to visit these too.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

Overall had a great time, plenty to do for everyone, only major problem was the fact that our caravan and the caravan next to us was crawling with ants!! No doubt there was lots more caravans like this too, we got some silly little ant trap that really did not help, when we handed the keys back and told the receptionist about this she did not seem interested and just said i will get someone to look at it after, no appologie or any questions asked!! Seemed like she was not interested as our weekend was over and probably her shift was about over too!!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank matthew123uk

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback. Firstly, please accept my apologies for any disappointment you may have encountered during your holiday at Craig Tara.

During the warm periods the appearance of ants is fairly common. Advice from the local environmental office confirms that they do appear for no apparent reason and do not reflect any lack of hygiene. They can only be attributed to the force of nature but we apologise for any distress or inconvenience this situation caused to you and your family.

I am delighted you enjoyed all the facilities and attractions available on the park, and will look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

My husband and I took our 9 month old daughter for our first ever family holiday. All I can say is the staff are exceptionally good at apologising. When we arrived the fire alarm kept going off every 10 minutes, it was finally replaced after 3 attempts to change its batteries. We then found out that the fridge wasn't working so that had to be replaced. And the caravan was absolutely crawling with ants-everywhere!Dont get me wrong, the staff put a trap down for the ants which made no difference whatsoever. We complained numerous times at the front desk,but kept getting told ants were common and that they were full. We also arrived back from a day trip to find that the caravan was absolutely stinking of cigarette smoke. Certainly not from us as we are non smokers! Completely disgusting and again we complained as our daughter has never been around a smokey atmosphere and we did not want to start now. Again told nothing they could do, but our duvet and pillows were changed and they sprayed some smelly stuff into the caravan.
In short we tried to make the best of this holiday, and our daughter loved it (but she didn't know all the issues)
Staff at Craig Tara really should do more for unhappy customers (I am sure we weren't the only ones that were unhappy) MAybe we were just unlucky, but our experience of Craig Tara is completely negative.

3  Thank Scottishlass19

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback. I understand the nature of your complaint which focuses primarily upon the standard of cleanliness provided during your holiday and have followed this up with informing the accommodation manager.

After speaking with the accommodation manager, who has asked me to forward on his apologies and to advise that we have taken heed of all your of your comments, which although critical are constructive and afford us the opportunity to improve our cleaning standards and thereby offer all our guests improved services and accommodations.

There were certain areas where the standard of service has fallen short of your expectations and for that I do hope you will accept my sincere apologies and hope that you will allow us an opportunity in the future to redeem ourselves.

Guest Relations

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ayr
3 mi away
Mercure Ayr Hotel
Mercure Ayr Hotel
#14 of 17 in Ayr
Western House Hotel

Been to Craig Tara Holiday Park - Haven? Share your experiences!