Craig Tara Holiday Park - Haven
Hotels.com
$92
$81
$107
The Arrandale Hotel(Ayr)(Great Value!)
$77
  • Bar/Lounge
Ayrshire & Galloway Hotel(Ayr)(Great Value!)
$71
Priceline
$73
PremierInn.com
2,252 results
All reviewsbonga wongaburger kinglive loungesoft playprestige caravanbrigs of ayrgo kartspapa johnschinese vankintyre viewspar shoproller discocrazy golfgreat holidaywater walkersclimbing wallheads of ayr farm
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I think we were the group that were next door to u32gc2.We booked a prestige caravan for the weekend no way was what we got other than a bog standard one. Place was dirty had to clean toilet before the children could use it ,carpets were filthy curtains were torn radiators were rusty and no smoke detectors. Went to reception to complain , nice young girl listened to what I had to say, said she would get a cleaner down gave me £50 in vouchers for inconvenience but because the park was fully booked we could not be moved that day try again in the morning. Made a laundry list of all the things wrong ,only 2 lights in caravan worked toaster was broken half eaten food in the freezer only net curtains in the bedrooms. The list seemed endless. Next day checked their web page to see what was available before I went up ,so when the girl I spoke to first said nothing else was available I told her what was still on their site ,she got her supervisor. A very nice young man called Scott give him my list of complaints and said the caravan we booked was not what we were given. He checked what I said about availability and allocated us an apartment. We couldn't get in it till 4 but gave us a key to go and check it out. It was fine by the time we got in cleaners had gone and place was spotless. No complaints at all about .After the children had a great time. For me too many children allowed to run riot unsupervised people walking dogs in play areas dog dirt on paths just generally dirty all over. I know its a busy time for them but I didn't see any one cleaning outside areas. Children loved it but no I wouldn't go back and no I wouldn't recommend it.

Room Tip: the apartments are away from all the amenities but are quieter
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Craig T, Manager at Craig Tara Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Hi

I am glad to see that we were able to rectify your complaint for you and your family ensuring that the remainder of your holiday was as it should have been.

We do like to get it right first time and on this rare occasion we were unable to this although we will always ensure we can help make your stay enjoyable.

I would like to see you return to Craig Tara in the near future where we will ensure that we can provide you top class service from the point you arrive.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Booked Friday until Monday arrived at 6pm on Friday there were 2 cleaners leaving the chalet,we entered the chalet with my wife daughter son in law and 2 gran children,first thing was the smell my wife shouted on the cleaners back they came in and said they had just finished cleaning it,the carpet was filthy there was also what looked like bread crumbs all over the mattress of one of the beds which had not even been made,there is pink paint marks on the carpet where tins of paint have been laid down on the carpet,there was sweet wrappers underneath the couch,the doors also had what looked like where beer had been thrown on them and had run down the doors,all the beds were filthy. The cleaners came back in and started cleaning it again we then asked for a supervisor she said that they would come in the next morning and shampoo the carpets surprise surprise they never arrived, we asked to get moved she said the rest were just the same

The name of the cleaner who signed it of as cleaned was janiene and the supervisor also told us that it got checked after being cleaned well someone isn't doing there job.
I decided i didn't want to sleep in a dirty hole any longer and went home on Saturday but the rest stayed until Sunday so I travelled back on the Sunday to pick them up round trip of 150 miles

I have taken pictures of the smelly hole I will upload them please stay away or get a private owners let
We filled in a remarks form but I think it is unlikely they will contact us

Ps we have stayed here previously without any problems
We were also thinking about buying a caravan for taking our gran kids not after this

3  Thank stirlingbigbob

Hi

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback.

We do like to ensure that your accommodation is cleaned to a very high standard and would expect nothing less for your arrival. On this occasion everything was not as it should have been on arrival, although you do say that you have previously stayed and enjoyed your holiday with us and would like to hope that you will return in the near future to continue enjoying the fantastic facilities on offer at Craig Tara.

Any feedback that you leave is vital to our ongoing success and should you wish to receive further feedback then we are more than welcome to provide this for you.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Stayed at Craig Tara,Ayr for 4 nights in Prestige caravan,caravan was in the Arran view area,it was absolutely spotless,with a great view, was very impressed overall with caravan!The park itself was great for young children with plenty to do,(the current heatwave helped as we spent most of our time outdoors),kids also loved Bonga Wonga club at night,kept them entertained for hours,only negative i can give is the beach, which was very dirty,could do with a good clean,apart from that would definatley return! Had read the reviews on here before coming and was a bit apprehensive but having really enjoyed holiday im under the impression some people would just complain about anything,its a caravan holiday you are going on, not the Hilton!!

1  Thank Graeme R
Craig T, Manager at Craig Tara Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

HI

I can see you made the most of the fantastic views that are on offer at the park especially in Arran View, this is my personal favourite.

We do clean the beach on a regular basis and I am pleased to inform you that we have recently done this. The entertainment is also great for keeping the kids entertained for hours.

Hopefully you will return soon for another exciting and fun filled holiday.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We booked a luxury caravan for 6 nights at very short notice with ayr123.co.uk and had a fantastic hassle free experience. No need for checking in just straight to caravan and on with the holiday. There were tree in our party my wife myself and our wee boy who is 9. We had the best weather Scotland has had in years so that helped add to our enjoyment but there are events indoors all day as well (we never went to these) instead we lazed on the grass it the beach. Beach is sand and water is mild and shallow for 400 metres out( sand banks help)
In summary we had a such a great time my wee boy said it was the best holiday he had ever been on!! because we booked privately
we saved quite a bit to.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Francisjb

Hi,

Long may the good weather last and for us to make fantastic use of the beach and outdoor facilities, although as you do say, there is plenty to do should the usual British weather return.

I look forward to welcoming you in the near future and hope that you can bring the sunshine on your next visit.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Just came back fron craig tara and had great time. We stayed from friday to monday and Our 2 young boys were never bored. Read negative reviews beforehand and got worried but totally laid fears to rest with clean prestige caravan and good location, though i do agree with noise of teenage wildlife at night getting on your nerves when it's one in the morning. Sure the security could have patrols to sort that out. My boys are already desperate to come back next year!

Hi,

I am glad you and your family had a fun family time and made the most of your accommodation. I love that your boys are excited to return next year; maybe you could get another fantastic deal and return in 2013.

I look forward to welcoming you again here hopefully soon rather than later.