“Excellent family friendly base from which to explore the south western coast of Scotland.”

Inverlea Guest House
Ranked #2 of 52 Ayr B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 17, 2010

We would recommend Inverlea Guest House to anyone! I made a booking for what I thought was a family room, but when I realised it was for a two double bedded room I contacted them direct & we were able to change the booking to a more suitable combination. Even though we had to share a bathroom, it did not become an inconvenience! The rooms were big, airy, well equipped, clean (& kept clean!), comfortable & private. The bathroom was very modern, clean & well serviced. The food was adequate & plentiful! The other guests all seemed very happy, relaxed & comfortable, but the main asset to the place remains the proprietors Douglas & Liz, along with their staff (& son!). They treated each guest as if they were their friends & nothing was too much trouble.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed May 29, 2010

We booked as a group from the Springbank Social Club in Newcastle upon Tyne to stay here on our trip to the Scottish Grand National. Acoommodation was perfect for our needs and we received a very warm welcome. Food was fantastic and rooms were very clean. Needless to say we have already booked again for next year!

• Stayed: April 2010
Reviewed April 29, 2010

We were not supposed to be staying in this guest house, we were booked in by somebody else, it had such a homely atmosphere.
A warm welcome was given at such a late arrival, Liz could not do more for us even if she tried.
We would recomend this gem of a guest house to all our family and friends.
To Liz and family thanks again for all your help
Lorraine & Ally

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 16, 2010

Located nearby city centre, inverlea is a fantastic guest house to stay when visiting Ayr. Rooms are very spacious and clean. Breakfast - superb and made to feel very welcome by Liz and Douglas. Next time looking to stay in Ayr will definitely be back in touch!!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 16, 2010

We last stayed at Inverlea 15 years ago when it was run by Liz's mother-in-law. We stayed on a number of occasions and thought it was a great place. We returned recently and although Liz and her husband have taken over the service and quality is just as good if not better. The rooms have been upgraded and the family atmosphere is lovely. Nothing is too difficult and all requests are met with a smile. We had the family room and the kids loved it and we would highly recommend.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 3, 2010

I have stayed in this bed and breakfast 3 times now. I have not been dissapointed once. The conditions are second to none, its really welcoming and immacutley kept. Its a short walk away from the town center. I would recommend that any one visting Ayr use this hotel. I would also like to thank the staff for making it a great stay.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 1, 2010

One of the best Guest Houses I've had the pleasure to stay in. My husband and I came to Ayr for the races March 2010 and booked into Inverlea on the strengh of its oustanding reviews, they were all spot on. From the moment of your warm welcome to your wave goodbye, your made to feel by Liz and all. As a much valued guest and nothing is too much trouble, to make thier gusts stay a special one.
As for the accomadation its elegent/modern, spacious and spotlesly clean. The bed was one of the comfortablest I've slept in and I'm fussy about beds. The breakfast was lovely and freashly cooked, I love my toast and marmalade and there was no problem in my asking for extra, greedy me!. Infact I didn't even need to ask the second morning. The town centre is only a short walk away, so all in all, I would have no heaitation in reommending this Guest House to my best friend, who's even fusier than me! Thankyou, we will be see you again Lizz and of cause Max. Irene and Dave from Wirral, Merseyside

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple