“Excellent!!”

Ranked #2 of 54 Ayr B&B and Inns
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Excellent!!”
Reviewed June 17, 2011

Very impressed with our 2 night stay at the Inverlea, very friendly host & hostess & of course young Max, a very helpful trainee host (age 5). Immaculately clean en-suite room, beautiful decor. Excellent full Scottish breakfast (the works!). A pleasant 10 minutes stroll to Ayr town centre where there is a multitude of pubs, restaurants, shops etc etc within an almonst pedestrianised high street. We would thoroughly recommend Inverlea Guest House and the next time we have a weekend break in Ayr, we will definately go back to Inverlea.Kenny & Eleanor from Glasgow

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Thunder Bay, Canada
Reviewed June 8, 2011

Everything was super - location, food, rooms and of course the friendly and helpful hosts. It is in easy walking distance to the beach, city centre and excellent restaurants.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Clydebank, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 6, 2011

We stayed at the Inverlead Guest House on Saturday 4th June on a Bed & Breakfast basis.

We stayed in double room (without the en-suite facility) and can honestly say it was one of the best nights sleep I have had in a long time. The bed was so comfortable, and the bedding pristine, a fabulous room.

Although there was no en-suite facilities in the room we stayed in (other rooms do) the toilet/showring facilities were second to none.

Unfortunately due to unforeseen circumstances we had to leave early on the Sunday morning and Lynn the proprietor was very understanding asking us if we wanted an early breakfast to accomodate us .

Would recommend this to anyone who wants a goods nights sleep with excellent facilities.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 1, 2011

This guest house is very convenient to all west Scotland British Open venues and a wonderful place to stay. A 10 minute walk to downtown Ayr, has shopping and pubs.

• Stayed May 2011
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed May 22, 2011

No hesitation in recommending Inverlea. Inverlea was spotlessly clean, very comfortable, excellent breakfast. Liz and staff made us feel most welcome

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 18, 2011

Boss said "Find the cheapest place in Ayr with Wi-fi", so I did. I've stayed in some horrors in my time and was therefore not expecting anything special at all. How I was wrong...

Inverlea was great. Literally the cleanest Guest House I've ever been to, with some of the nicest staff too. The room was fantastic and I had a great rest each evening. To top it off there was a fantastic breakfast to wake up to each day.

If I'm ever that way again, I'll definitely be calling back in.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Auldgirth, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 12, 2011

As I work in Ayr but live 45mins drive away I booked the Inverlea so I could enjoy a work leaving party - on that occasion it was less than the Travelodge and near the centre of Ayr so I could walk. Well when I arrived I was amazed by the quality of the whole property - I thought I was walking in to 5 Star Hotel!
Once I saw the rooms I knew that I would never stay anywhere else, comfortable, elegant and spotless. The most impressive part of the stay had to be the welcome and the staff throughout my stay - they definately are professionals in their field and nothing was too much trouble.
I have now been back to stay again and constantly tell everyone I meet to stay there - they are never dissapointed!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business