“Very unfriendly place”

and 1 more site!
Kilkerran Guest House
Ranked #41 of 52 Ayr B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Rooms were average. Beds were comfortable enough.
Bathroom was quite dirty.
The whole place needs to be refurbished. The carpets were old and we spotted a few nasty stains.
The lady who showed up to collect money was very rude and unfriendly. She shouted in front of our kids.
We don't recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Alois J

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Read the reviews on here and I know that some people have to exaggerate or elaborate.Went to Ayr to pick up some new cars for my business,found this guest house at £24 per night.Upon arriving,the owner booked me in.The room was very clean and adequate for me ,very satisfied,no problems what so ever,.Ok it's not 5 star but I was their purely on business and after travelling 300 miles to get my head down it was very appreciated.The lady who owns it was very friendly and made me feel at home,the breakfast was really good,although I didn't take advantage of the full Scottish breakfast,they actually made me an English breakfast as I'm not used to square sausage and fried scones,none the less it was delicious.Would totally recommend this guest house to anybody.For £24 per night it was 100% value for money,clean bed warm breakfast what more can you ask for.PS,I don't know if they Take dogs but if they do I will be bringing mine and the mrs back here,my partners from drongan so she's used to the location,hopefully the owner/lady will oblige.

Room Tip: Well worth a visit
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Stayed her for one evening after landing at prestwick very late in the evening. the room was clean and breakfast was good with a large choice. i emailed before my stay to say i would be late and got a quick response letting me know where i could get my keys.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Spent 4 nights here and it was wonderful!! Clean comfortable room. Wonderful host, Margaret is a lovley lady and could not do enough for us, very welcoming and we were extremley well looked after. Breakfast was perfect every day, cooked to order with high quality local produce. I will definatley be staying here again next time I am in Scotland.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Cmarr6
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Stayed for one night only, but was extremely satisfied with the en-suite room. Pretty clean, definitely not small room, very nice breakfast. Margaret was very friendly and helpful. If by any chance I will need to stay in Ayr - I know what will be my first choice.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Linxmas
Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

Stopped for 9 weeks with 2 colleagues the rooms were great the breakfast was excellent Margaret the owner is a lovely woman when next in Ayr will stay again I can not recommend this lovely guest house highly enough thank you margaret

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed October 20, 2012

comfortable guest house,great breakfast good value and margret who runs the place could not be more helpful and friendly I would highly recommend the kilkerren guest house 10 minute walk into town centre

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business