Western House Hotel
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
  • Bar/Lounge
View Hotel
All reviewscourtyard roommain buildingjockey clubayr racecourserace coursewedding guestswedding meallovely hotelfirst classwedding receptionhot chocolateevery member of stafflittle extrashuge bedchecking outwould highly recommend this hotelattending a wedding
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We attended a wedding at the Western House Hotel, the staff were friendly, the food was excellent and the service was attended outside, obviously the bits for the wedding ie flowers and table decor, and decorations were done by the family not the hotel but they were very helpful with anything that was needed.
Our room had dressing gowns, slippers, sweets, and biscuits, the shower was powerful and the decor was good condition.
The wedding was hired out just to the wedding party so I got no other impression of guests at the hotel. You can order your food to your room, which we did not but alot of people did and recommended it.

Room Tip: All rooms looked good.
1  Thank norahsWsussex
WesternHouse014, General Manager at Western House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments and we hope you return to stay with us again.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Went to a wedding in June, and I have to say a lovely hotel. We had a room in the courtyard, very clean, spacious room , lovely comfortable bed, and great bathroom. The grounds of the hotel are immaculate, the bar area and service very good.

The service throughout the wedding was first class, food exceptional, and I would certainly stay here again.

Plenty of free parking and free wifi

1  Thank rhodesiabill

Dear Guest . Thank you for your kind comments.
I hope you come and stay with us again.

Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

As a tour driver I stay in many many hotels throughout the year some good bad some indifferent
On arrival there is no signage for parking just no entry signs
Allocation of disabled room for a able bodied 6ft 3 inch tall man rather insulting as most appliances are at eye level and totally inadequate for most able bodied people
Breakfast resulted in a 20 min wait before staff took my order
Talking with American clients first obviously they leave bigger tips??
I enquired about another room only to be informed that they were full
On checking later that evening via Internet they had plenty of rooms available
Lies don't work well with customers who bring customers and secure future bookings
Shall be informing Scottish tourism and other tourism company's
Customers always come first but not in this instance
Very dissapointed

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Bsmith2308
WesternHouse014, General Manager at Western House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Dear Guest
I would be grateful if you could call me at the Hotel on 01292 294990, to discuss this review further as it is my understanding that an alternative room was offered, but refused.
Kind Regards

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Attended a friends wedding at Western House Hotel and stayed the night, Western House is so perfect that we have now booked our wedding here as well.

The food is perfect and there is the option to order your breakfast to your room, which after a good few drinks at the wedding we opted for. (longer in bed!!) We had a room in the courtyard at this room exceeded our expectations, it's lovely size, well equipped and has a gorgeous bathroom.

Will be back again for sure.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
WesternHouse014, General Manager at Western House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review , I am glad you found all our services exceeded your expectations.

I hope we have the pleasure in you returning to the hotel for another stay .

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Attended wedding in June. Staff and wedding coordinator excellent. However I have a 7 month old and I found the facilities somewhat lacking. Only baby changing table is in female toilets which meant I had to change my son on the floor of disabled toilet. Unable to heat his dinner as not allowed to use microwave and not able to get bar meal day before as another wedding was on. Not up to scratch.

2  Thank bigneil101
WesternHouse014, General Manager at Western House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Dear Guest.

Thank you for your comments regarding the lack of facilities for baby care.
We have listened to all of your comments and have installed a new baby changing facility.
We have purchased several baby food / milk heating units for parents to heat food / milk to the required temperature for their child so this can be done safely under the parents supervision.
Thank you again for bringing this to our attention and I hope this helps reassure you.