“Great Food”
Review of Berkley Hotel Ayr - CLOSED

Berkley Hotel Ayr
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Aurora Boutique Hotel, Restaurant & Champagne Bar is Ayrs only boutique hotel,offering a champagne bar with a variety of champagnes available by the glass. Recently taken over, and previously trading as the Berkeley, Aurora is a stylish , sumptuous venue offering everything one would want from a stylish individual boutique hotel. A sophisticated menu is offered with dishes from as far afield as Thailand that sits alongside all your favourites. Let Aurora awaken your senses,
Prestwick, United Kingdom
“Great Food”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

The décor is different. To some it may be a bit overpowering but it is a matter of taste. It didn't bother me.
The food is excellent with generous portions.
The staff were very nice and were trying their best. However, it did take one of the waiters a few goes to get the drink orders right. Perhaps it was his first day there.
It is quite well located for anyone staying there and is within easy reach of the town. I noticed they do a lunch menu for £8.95, which is very good indeed considering the standard of the food.

edinburgh
“Ayr - your very lucky ! ..”
Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

Popped in to this Boutique hotel and restaurant for a quick drink as it looked intriguing from the outside, over two and a half hours later we were still there ! Our group ( four adults and two kids ) really loved the food and drinks on offer, £12.95 for three courses - a staggeringly good deal for this quality of food.The interior is beautiful as well and immaculately clean. The gentleman who served us ( sorry we didn't catch your name ) was also fantastic, talking us through his menu and helping us with some difficult choices!!
To be honest as a group we are pretty picky about food and restaurants, and regular browsers and reviewers on Trip Advisor, we think this really was a fantastic place and all involved should be proud of it ... Looking forward to return.

Glasgow
“Hidden luxurious gem of a hotel and restaurant in Ayr - HIGHLY RECOMMEND”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

The Berkley Hotel in Ayr is a one stop shop if your looking for something special whether it be out for drinks, dinner or luxury accommodation - or better yet all three together! In my opinion the Berkely hotel and it's Aubergine restaurant and bar strike the right balance between cost and luxury.

My wife and I stayed here one night and its one of the best nights away we've had. As a hotel it has loads of character, tasteful decoration all the way through and nothing overlooked in terms of detail. The room was spectacular and decorated to a high standard. The bed was comfortable with thick quilts and pillows.

We had dinner in the Aubergine restaurant and the menu has a good range of choices with all being homemade, stretching from good old favourites to some unique recipes. One of the owners John is also the head chef and earned his stripes at De Vere's Cameron House Hotel (De Vere's flagship resort at Loch Lomond were quality is of the highest standard) over a period of 10 years; and this 5 star quality flows into the Aubergine's menu; all I can say is clean plates all round. From talking with the staff, you begin to understand the ingredients, care and detail put into the food; I could not fault the food in any way. Breakfast was also included within the room rate and it was good to have a flexible time in which to have it - no need to be an early riser! Again the food was fresh and cooked to perfection - so many hotels get breakfast wrong, but not this one. The coffee was also amazing, none of the instant stuff, fresh grinned pellini beans and steaming hot milk. Seriously, so many hotels get this wrong too but not at the Berkely! If your local to Ayr and didn't know about this place, I'd seriously consider the restaurant for dinner, you won't be disappointed.

I can highly recommend this hotel and you will not be disappointed!

1 Thank stevemcl10
Bellshill, United Kingdom
“very underated hotel”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

not reviewed for a while.have been back twice to this hotel since my last review just love it there.rooms are spotless.the food is out of this world .cocktail bar fantastic.if this dosent tell you anything going back in december for another 2 night stay.me and the wife just love to chill in the bar after fantastic meal.you could not fallout the guys the 2 johns.i treat them as friends now.they are so nice.there is a lovely lady there also megan great to talk to.finally all the staff are great. SO DO YOURSELF A FAVOUR AND BOOK THIS HOTEL..p.s john keep the peroni chilled.see you in december/

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Cocktails and review replies are amazing!”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

So we decided to come in for a few cocktails and we're not dissapointed. However there were no strawberries for the daiquiri.
But I do not feel this is enough or would justify a bad review as we were offered the apple daiquiri instead. all I can say is well done sir, good choice! (I also realised September isn't really strawberry season).
My partner has been before and could not stop speaking of the cocktails, and after reading some mixed reviews, I felt I had to give this a try for myself (and meet the person who replies to the awful reviews).
All I can say is the place is stunning, the service was quick and cocktails were yummy.... And if you have time an want a good laugh then read the review titled; "wannabe be boutique hotel that has a Long way to go". The response is fantastic and it puts the stuck up snobs in their place.

• Visited September 2013