“Fabulous”
Review of Berkley Hotel Ayr - CLOSED

Berkley Hotel Ayr
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Aurora Boutique Hotel, Restaurant & Champagne Bar is Ayrs only boutique hotel,offering a champagne bar with a variety of champagnes available by the glass. Recently taken over, and previously trading as the Berkeley, Aurora is a stylish , sumptuous venue offering everything one would want from a stylish individual boutique hotel. A sophisticated menu is offered with dishes from as far afield as Thailand that sits alongside all your favourites. Let Aurora awaken your senses,
Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

Just back from Berkeley and looking forward to booking it again. It is by far the most elegant hotel I have been to recently. Beautifully decorated, delicious cocktails & food along with 1st class services.

Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

The food is very nice and staff have a lovely genuine attitude. There are gardens at the back where we had fab cocktails. I think new owners have taken over and once they have completed it will be wonderfull. Particularly the gardens. Served by a lovely girl for brunch who was ran off her feet as only one serving but did so well to keep a smile on and make you feel welcome. I would return.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

had our dinner here as part of a glasgows great deal where we stayed in the corner house and had our dinner and brunch in the berkley. The decor is gorgeous and the owners are very nice and friendly. The meal was delicious and very reasonably priced. Brunch the next morning at 11.30am perfect after a late night, freshly cooked and a nice sized portion. will definately return.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

The cocktail bar is lovely. beautifully decorated and comfortable and the cocktails are great, if a little pricey. Our breakfast food was very nice and fresh. Bit of a shame but the very inexperianced youyng staff do not seem to be very well trained if at all. Lovely girls but no waitress skills. It was not busy but we had to wait quite a while to be served and once we were we then waited a long while to be served coffee and tea and this was after asking for it twice. When I got my coffee it was barely half a small cup which IO could not understand why anyone would serve that. However I asked for it to be filled up and it was done with no problem and in a pleasent manner. All in all a lovely place but the younger staff need some training.

1  Thank dellulahlaura
Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

Had a very nice afternoon tea with my family . It's a lovely hotel very friendly staff and great service . I will be going back for a meal .