“Good value, well prepared and presented meal”
Review of The Waterfront

The Waterfront
Ranked #6 of 197 Restaurants in Ayr
Cuisines: British, Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Ate here with my family on a quiet Sunday evening, staff were attentive without being intrusive. All food, starters and main, was tasty, properly cooked and well presented.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

My wife and decided to try out the Waterfront on tuesday for our lunch.The soup was lentil/beef it was sumptious and for the main we had pan fried chicken it was very succulent and peppercorn sauce was very tasty.The staff were very polite and friendly.As I am disabled the toilet was immaculate and will definately be back.

Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

I was at The Waterfront on Sunday for a family lunch . They have a good Sunday roast menu a nice choice and value for money . You have their main menu as well if you don't find anything you like on the other . Friendly staff and great service . Lovely place inside and looks onto the river .

Reviewed November 12, 2013

My wife and I took our two grandchildren here on Sunday for lunch. The choice of food is excellent and kids eat for FREE. The child's portion of the roast dinner was enormous, in fact too big for our four year old. Lovely selection of vegetables and beautifully cooked meat. The fish goujons for my granddaughter were two enormous pieces of freshly cooked and caught fish They both had garlic bread to start with too. I had a duck salad for starters followed by haggis, neeps and tatties. All very tasty. My wife went for the Sunday roast which she really enjoyed. It was my birthday and the staff came out with a cake at the end of the meal which my daughter had provided. The staff are all very friendly and helpful although they need to practice their singing skills a bit. Overall a fabulous place to have a meal with a really nice view to look at as well. Highly recommended.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Firstl can I say that I very seldom give 5 stars.Had lunch here midweek and it was busy enough without being packed. Thought the drinks service was a wee bit slow.I had cullen skink as a starter followed by chicken with chorizo.Both were very good.would happily go back.