“Simply the Best!”

Stage Door Cafe at the Gaiety
Reserve with OpenTable
Stage Door Cafe at the Gaiety is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 196 Restaurants in Ayr
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We serve Breakfast from 10am - 12pm We have a 2 /3 Course Menu available all day, Fantastic Pre Theatre deals. We also cater for Gluten Free & Vegetarians.
Reviewed April 22, 2014

I have eaten many times at the Stagedoor Cafe from breakfast to brunch and dinner and the food and service have been nothing short of perfection. My last visit was to meet a friend. We met at 11am and weren't quite in the mood for breakfast and it was slightly early for lunch. We asked the waiter for 2 BLT's which came quite quickly after ordering. The BLT was served on a delicious homemade bread and was filled with lettuce, peppers, tomatoes and onion and came accompanied with a homemade creamy coleslaw.
It was only when we came to pay that we reaslised a BLT wasn't even an option on the menu! The waiter and chef never 'batted an eyelid' instead they went out of their way to treat the customer's request.
I am delighted to say that the Stagedoor is certainly my NO 1 place to eat in Ayr

1  Thank DinkyDi6

Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

Very pleases with the excellent food served here. Ate here all over Dec. My only criticism was the hot lights beaming down on me. The food is excellent and I never went anywhere else, why would you when the food is so good.

Reviewed April 12, 2014

When ma be atch make me dinner a say babe this isnt as good as the gaitey then we agree theres only so much u can do with a pot noodle

1  Thank mctoad
Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

Great food. Great service. Came here so many times and tried lots of different dishes and they have always been delicious, never any complaints. Staff are always extremely friendly. I would definitely recommend!

Reviewed April 6, 2014

Went here for my mum's birthday meal and was absolutely fabulous! To my surprise we got a free mini starter to try. Never had anything like this before and find it a fantastic idea as it lets you try something you normally wouldn't pick from a menu. I had chicken tempura for starter which was delicious and light also not even a bit of grease on it. For my main i had the steak and ale pie which was one of the best i have ever had . The size of the portion was enormous and well worth the money. Although i struggled to eat it all i didn't want to waste it as it was that good. The only thing i would say i didn't like was the fact our main course came as soon as we finished our starter where i like a 5 - 10 minute break just to have a breather. The service you couldn't fault as everyone was very friendly and helpful.

1  Thank Aggie1986