“AMAZING !!!”

Stage Door Cafe at the Gaiety
Reserve with OpenTable
Stage Door Cafe at the Gaiety is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 201 Restaurants in Ayr
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We serve Breakfast from 10am - 12pm We have a 2 /3 Course Menu available all day, Fantastic Pre Theatre deals. We also cater for Gluten Free & Vegetarians.
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Visited the restaurant twice over the weekend with friends. The food,service,staff & atmosphere were fantastic. The staff were friendly, polite and could not do enough for you. Please ignore any negative comments about this restaurant. There is something good going on in that kitchen !! Please go there and eat as the food is of a high standard and excellent value for money

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Went for dinner with my sisters and husbands and was open minded about what we could expect. We were not disappointed. From greeting to being ushered out everything was just perfect. The chef has exceptionally high standards and quite clearly loves his job and working with food. Every thing was cooked to perfection and the presentation was as good as any 5* restaurant. Service was attentive but no obtrusive. Pricing was excellent as was the decor. We would suggest a table away from the entrance as it has an automatic door which opens each time some one passes by outside the restaurant.

1  Thank David S
Reviewed April 18, 2013

My family and myself ate here a few weeks ago and I cannot fault the food in the slightest bit. We ate from the Pre-Theatre menu and all had different dishes which were all delicious. As stated from previous diners we were given a complimentary taster which was beautiful and they even gave my young son a complimentary fruit salad at the same time.

The staff were very very attentive and pleasant. My only issue with our evening was that we were placed at a table right beside the automatic doors and it was a freezing night and there was a show on that evening so the door was constantly opening and closing so we were absolutely freezing. I did bring this to the attention of the young lady who was serving us and she spoke to her manager who in turn spoke to the gaiety staff who got someone to stand outside and direct people to the other entrance but the entrance we were sitting beside is still used as the disabled entrance so it was still a problem throughout our meal.

I feel they should refrain from having a table placed here as it is not the ideal place to sit and complaints may be received.

In all fairness they removed the drinks from our bill and couldn't have been more apologetic. I would have no hesitation in returning here again.

1  Thank Megron
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Went or lunch sat 13th April for lunch, booked because of previous reviews. We were not disappointed me and my friend like eating out and we were so happy we booked there. The staff were lovely and the portion size and choice fantastic big compliments to the chef keep it up as we will deffo be back and will highly recommend it.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

We have visited the Stage Door Restaurant on numerous occasions and have never found fault once. The food's always exceptional, so wonderfully presented and so tasty - both at lunch and dinner. The Value is incredible, I've paid double for some dishes at other places that haven't been half as good. The young staff are always so helpful and friendly and despite their young age certainly know what their doing. I've dined in many upmarket restaurants, in Ayr and further afield and this lovely little establishment is simply one of the best, if not the best yet, in every aspect, certainly for value and consistency in quality. I have visited the Hollybush Inn also and it's nice to see that a local business is extending and doing so well. In my opinion if they keep this up, I don't know how this restaurant could be faulted. Definitely worth the visit.