“The most amazing breakfast in town!”

Stage Door Cafe at the Gaiety
Reserve with OpenTable
Stage Door Cafe at the Gaiety is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 205 Restaurants in Ayr
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We serve Breakfast from 10am - 12pm We have a 2 /3 Course Menu available all day, Fantastic Pre Theatre deals. We also cater for Gluten Free & Vegetarians.
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Went there for breakfast on Sunday after reading the Tripadvisor reviews. What a revelation!! A far cry from the usual greasy fry up, the full Scottish breakfast is an utter delight.
"Full" here actually means "full", to the point where I didn't need any other food for the rest of the day, but I thoroughly enjoyed every little bit of it.
The pancake was freshly made and delicious, every single element of the breakfast was cooked to perfection and served with a smile.
We will definitely be back for more, although I fear a lot of walks on the beach are required to work off that treat!

1  Thank tiizzwoz

Reviewed March 17, 2013

I'm a long-time fan of the Hollybush so I was delighted to find out that they run the Stage Door. We visited tonight and everything was top class. We both had the pre-theatre menu. Firstly we were served with some delicious bread. Then we had a complimentary appetizer of sea bass served on a risotto cake with mushrooms. I had a starter of Cajun spice salmon and my husband had chicken tempura. Both were good sized portions and were delicious. For main course I had Beef strips in a sweet chilli sauce, which had plenty of beef and a nicely spicy sauce. Hubby had his favourite - chicken with haggis, which is always excellent. All this for £9.95 for 2 courses. (Couldn't eat any more). The service was excellent, the decor is lovely and contemporary. It won't be long till we return!

Reviewed March 17, 2013

A warm friendly relaxing atmosphere, The food is outstanding with a varied menu for all tastes. This is a must visit place.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

What a lovely place and an absolute must for people to visit. From the minute we walked in tonight, we were welcomed with a friendly smile from a helpful waitress and felt instantly at home. The restaurant is stylish, but most importantly feels warm and not pretentious. The food is faultless and we have eaten in many a restaurant . We were dining with our 2 children and the staff were so helpful and happy to share a joke with them. To sum it up, it has been one of our most enjoyable dining experiences, to date. The food was gorgeous, the staff lovely & friendly, whilst providing an impeccable service. We will be back as I am so excited about trying the other lovely dishes on offer. I am so glad we found this gem, but slightly concerned others will realise what a wonderful place they have on their doorsteps & we will struggle to book a table in the months ahead. Thank you all for giving us a super evening.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

I am a regular at the stage door and I really can't fault the place. I have eaten there with friends and family and it never fails to impress. Beautiful food, fantastic decor and wonderful staff. Hopefully I will continue to eat there for many years to come.

1  Thank mrsjwilmot