“Dissapointed!”
Review of Horizon Hotel

Horizon Hotel
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Ayr
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We joined friends who were already staying at the Hotel, we did not think we had good value for money.We had a double room and paid £130 per night for B&B only ! It was The Scottish Gold Cup weekend and premium prices were obviously charged, however, it looked like it may have back fired as the hotel was quiet. Bar prices compared to other places also seemed high, hence the bar and resteraunt were very quiet. The corridors and bedrooms looked "tired" and ready for decoration. All in all for £130 per night for B&B we expected something better!
The staff were pleasant and helpful and we enjoyed a good Scottish breakfast, but on our next vist to Ayr we would not choose to stay at the Horizon!

Room Tip: No comment
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Eric P

Reviewed September 23, 2013

GREAT HOTEL.

What a great time we had during out stay at The Horizon Hotel in Ayr.

As you enter the hotel it has a lovely modern feel. We were greeted at the reception and promptly shown to our room, which was very warm and comfortable with a flat screen tv.

On our first night we dined in the Vista Restaurant which was great, the food was delicious and we really enjoyed the comfort of the surroundings, and following dinner with a few drinks from their comprehensive bar...and a few cocktails too.

Its safe to say that we will definitely go back to this hotel, firstly for the location with the view over the bay to Arran, secondly for the warm and friendly atmosphere that we received from all of the staff and thirdly for the food.

Thank you for making our short stay one to remember

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank GlasgowgG
Reviewed September 21, 2013

My wife and I decided to revisit the Horizon hotel in July this year. The last time we visited was last December and were quite pleased with the hotel overall. As our latest visit was in the summer we had to take a twin room as that was all they could offer as there was a wedding party booked in. We were very disappointed with the room as it was so small and cramped. We literally could not pass each other in the room without one of us having to sit or lie on one of the beds. The downstairs lounge and restaurant was lovely but they better hurry and get working to improve the rooms and hallways or people are going to stop visiting

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ToonieB
Reviewed September 21, 2013

I found everything nice about it, Great location, excellent environment and comfortable living area. Staff service is also good and quick. This is over yet the thing i experience the best is golfing, I always want to play golf and i got a chance playing golf at horizonhotel, all and all it was great experience, i will surely visit again and again and refers my friends as well so that they can also enjoy and stay comfort.!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I have booked this hotels five rooms for next month to arrange a tour with my 10 friends. Their service is really very good. They knocked me several times to keep me updated with the booking and asked about everything bad or good related to this tour. I am lucky to get their good service.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 20, 2013

My husband and I, just had our Anniversary trip at Scotland. We stayed at Horizon Hotel and we really had great experiences. At first, we look at the ambiance of the place. It looks perfect. Then, we feel the service of the staff and crew. They are awesome! They are very accommodating. I will surely recommend this place to my friends.

Room Tip: I prefer rooms nearer the ground floor so I can easily roam around the area anytime I wanted.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 19, 2013

My family and I stayed at this hotel after Christmas to attend a wedding in Ayr.it is an excellent hotel, rooms very well equipped and comfortable.All the staff are very helpful and friendly.Food was excellent. All in all an enjoyable and would certainly return.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ayr
1 mi away
#9 of 17 in Ayr
The Marine Hotel
The Marine Hotel
#5 of 6 in Troon

Been to Horizon Hotel? Share your experiences!