“Another enjoyable break at the Savoy Park Hotel”
Review of Savoy Park Hotel

Savoy Park Hotel
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Ayr
Reviewed August 18, 2010

This was our second visit to this lovely hotel and this time the weather was beautiful and we could enjoy drinks in the relaxing garden. Again the staff were friendly and courteous, the food excellent value for money and our room spotlessly clean and quiet. We look forward to returning soon.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Savoy Park Hotel

Reviewed August 6, 2010

Based on other reviews I didn't see a problem, no lift, the porter carried our bags up, no bar staff, use one of the 6 service bells which means you don't even have to stand at the bar, breakfast, outstanding and when we left at 4 in the morning there was cerals, juice, tea and coffee available but the night staff made us a suitable amount of food to carry 4 of us on a 9 hour drive home, how you can say there was no other options offered, we couldn't have asked for more. We were there as part of a wedding party over 4 days and they made the experience brilliant. Highly recommended.

Reviewed July 22, 2010

1. On arrival we were informed that breakfast would only be served after 07:30, we informed the guy on reception that we had to leave at 07:30 to catch a train and could any other arrangements be made, he replied that there was no other option and that Breakfast was served from 07:30. no offer of a refund for breakfast was made. when we left in the morning at 07:30 the breakfast area was open????

2. In the evening we entered the dining room and were seated, the waitress asked myself and my wife what drinks we would like twice, on both occasions she seemed to be distracted by someone behind us, on the third failed attempt myself and my wife both decided that if it was this difficult to order a drink how were we going to get on ordering a meal, so we went into town to dine at the Tam O'shanter where we had an excellent meal and received excellent service ( maybe a good training venue for the savoy staff)

3. On our return in the evening after dining out I once again tried to order drinks at the bar again it took a couple of requests, the bar staff kept turning away as she spoke I asked he to talk to me face to face as have to lipread as i am partially deaf, she then noticed the two hearing aids, once again too late.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank trevorwalsh
Reviewed July 18, 2010

This hotel had a wonderful location within easy walking distance of a terrific shopping centre and an equally easy distance from the beach. The staff were extremely pleasant and there was a very relaxed atmosphere in the hotel. The bedroom was large, light and airy with lovely views over a well manicured garden and the en suite facilities were equally large. The bath shower was a bit awkward to use and although it did not affect us, the fact that no lift was available may cause difficulties to the less able visitor.
Breakfasts were excellent and a wide and varied menu was available for dinner.
This was a most enjoyable stay and very good value .

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 16, 2010

Went with my elderly mother, each had single rooms, perfect for our requirements. The evening meal was freshly made to order, and 2 for 1 on the menu, the breakfast was a feast. Beautiful landscaped gardens to sit and enjoy a drink.

• Stayed: July 2010
Reviewed May 18, 2010

I recently booked my very small wedding in the Savoy Park. I had no idea about anything as i live in northern ireland and was booking everything by phone.When i arrived i was greeted with a lovely warm welcome.the hotel was picturesque.the interior was grande.the gardens were lovely. I shouldnt have worried because the staff at the Savoy completed and worked out anything that i had forgot to do. My day was carefree because of them. Barbara ,receptionist, sorted out menus for me,prices, wine, taxis, EVERYTHING. and i have to say i was mind blown by their hospitality and attention to detail. Everyone in my wedding party was looked after perfectly. The food was gorgeous. My table was set up in a beautiful room, it looked stunning.I am a very hard to please person but I honestly would recommend this hotel to anyone. It was a delight to have stayed and eaten there. We even all went back 2 days later for lunch, and sat in there lovely garden and had another lovely lunch. Caroline looked after us on this occassion. Thank you so much Savoy Park, Ayr.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed March 29, 2010

Have just returned from the hotel after spending two nights there. On arrival very impressive building. We were in bedroom 1 which was a lovely spacious room. We were advised there had been problems with the shower but this had been fixed - unfortunately it hadn't. Rather noisy and either cold or scalding hot! We went to the bar on Friday evening and had to wait a few minutes before someone came to serve us. We then thought we would have a second drink but my partner stood at the bar for about 5 minutes and no-one came to serve him. We were the only 2 in the bar! We gave up! Breakfast was okay - Saturday's bacon was rather tough and don't know how long it had been lying. Sunday's - a bit better. We ate in the hotel on Saturday night - food was really nice. Unfortunately there was an 18th birthday party on in the hotel on Saturday night and right next to bedroom 1 (our room) on the first floor was a ladies toilet - you can imagine the noise coming from the toilet! I would have thought that a toilet downstairs would have been better if they have functions being held downstairs!!! If you book this hotel - ask about functions and if there is one on don't accept Room 1. Also found the hotel overpriced. We paid £65 per night which I think was a bit steep. Don't see us going back!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AngeSep
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ayr
Western House Hotel
#8 of 17 in Ayr
The Fox & Willow
The Fox & Willow
#7 of 17 in Ayr

Been to Savoy Park Hotel? Share your experiences!