“Excellent evening !”
Review of Savoy Park Hotel

Savoy Park Hotel
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Ayr
Reviewed February 6, 2014

We recently held our reunion for former employees in the function room. It was an excellent evening. The hotel was a perfect venue for our event. With the fires it was ideal for a cold January evening. The fork buffet which included poached salmon and prawns was, in the opinion of everyone who attended, one of the best ever! In fact it was so good we are booked again for next year! Staff were friendly and helpful. One or two people stayed overnight and the room was clean, comfortable and was tastefully decorated. I have also been several times for a meal in the evening and the food is always fantastic both in terms of quality and value for money. All in all I cannot find fault with anything and my only complaint is that it spoils you for other places !

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Savoy Park Hotel

Reviewed February 6, 2014

I stayed here as one of a group of men on a trip round Scotland. Everything was sufficiently good for me to feel obliged to bring my wife back in the future for a long stay.

Despite the quality ambience of the establishment we weren't made to feel that as a group of men on their own we were in any way not the preferred type of client.

The service and food were both as good as the décor and fittings.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Attended evening wedding reception on burns night and very dissapointed. Everything running late, so we had to hang about outside of themain function area. Couldn,t see the dance floor at all from our table near the bar, the bar is tiny for a large function hence long queues that the barman dealt very admirably with, very disjointed areas and isolated people made mixing difficult at such a function, and buffett was bacon rolls and chips , not the expected traditional burns fare as per the wedding invite?

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank hilbabe
RoddieH, Owner at Savoy Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Thanks for your comments.
The Bride spent a lot of time planning the detail of the Burns theme and our wedding team were happy to follow her wishes
The reason that the evening reception ran late was that the Bride and Groom had organised poetry readings as well as the extended speeches as it was Burns Night. The length of time that speeches and entertainment takes is out with the control of the hotel.
Although the dance floor cannot be seen from the Monarch Lounge, the dance floor is in the middle of the Oak and Garden Rooms where there is extensive seating.
The evening buffet of bacon rolls and chips was chosen by the Bride and Groom. The Burns Fayre was served during the meal which was attended by the day guests.
The Bride, Groom and both their families really enjoyed their day and were full of praise when they left the next day.

Reviewed February 1, 2014

Originally from the Ayrshire area I have visited the Savoy frequently including for a school prom many moons ago. However returning over the years I have watched its slow decline in more ways than one the rooms are somewhat dated and lack cleanliness especially under radiators. The restaurant is probably the best feature of the hotel in its quality of food and staff. However I on a few occasions witnessed senior management speaking to staff members in manner that was completely demoralising to the staff and basically made the management team look highly unprofessional. At one point I heard some choice language from the direction of the kitchen and a raised angry voice, when I asked a waitress if things were ok she said yes it's just the head chief.
Being that I work In employment law I dug a little deeper and discovered that he was responsible for a lot of unrest within the staff.
I am returning later this yr to attend a wedding (I have made my views clear to the bridal party but thankfully for the savoy the have kept the booking) I hope by then I will start to see the return of the former high quality service I once received in this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013
3  Thank Jodz83
RoddieH, Owner at Savoy Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2014

It is the opinion of management and staff that this review
was written by a member of staff who walked out.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

My wife and i stayed here for a month over Christmas. The rate was excellent, the food fantastic and the service outstanding. I would hapilly stay again. Breakfast is a treat and a nice "open" fire (gas) to sit by. All in all, very nice.

Room Tip: Room 7 was good ?
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights and the food was excellent value. the staff were friendly and very helpful.This is an old hotel with lots of character, rooms are in need of updating but clean.
Would recommend this hotel.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
RoddieH, Manager at Savoy Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Hi thanks for your comments.

We hope you come back soon as we are just refurbishing the rooms and think they look fantastic.

Roddie

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Hotel is in a good location
Room was a good size, very comfortable bed and nice, everything you would expect.
Breakfast was nice
Wouldn't recommend the restaurant - food was average and some of it was cold
Overall good value for money but not as plush as it name suggests

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank S H
RoddieH, Owner at Savoy Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Thank you for your comments and bringing the issues with your meal to my attention
Firstly I would like to apologise for the poor quality of food you experienced at my hotel during your last stay.
I have spoken with our Head Chef and Duty Manager and can assure you that the issues mentioned will be investigated and where necessary staff training will take place. We are working very hard to improve the quality of our meals and service and your feedback is extremely valuable.
As a valued customer I would appreciate the opportunity to speak to you personally regarding this matter and ask if you would call me at the hotel
I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel for a much better dining experience in the future.

Roddie

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ayr
Western House Hotel
#8 of 17 in Ayr
The Fox & Willow
The Fox & Willow
#7 of 17 in Ayr

Been to Savoy Park Hotel? Share your experiences!