“More about the Service!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Savoy Park Hotel

Savoy Park Hotel
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Ayr
Lanark, United Kingdom
“More about the Service!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

I recently stayed at the Savoy Park with my partner, after deciding to return to Ayr where we had previously stayed at the Western House Hotel. I had saw the facade back then and was interested in visiting. By and large, the hotel is let down by its level of care and attention to its delivery of service. I really believe that this hotel could catapult into a five star establishment if the correct staff were employed. I'll start off with the checking in: the reception is poor. There is paper everywhere and the receptionist found out we had a booking by checking her pad. It lacked professionalism in every way. She then guided us to room eight initially, the curtains were closed, it was dirty, dank and the dust under the radiator was filthy, there was a chipped and rusty bathroom mirror and the dirty marks on the walls and carpets slightly depressed me - we actually asked to be changed to the twin room which was much bigger. The hallways are dull, unkept and smelly (probably due to the kitchen being downstairs under the rooms) and i expected a basic facility like an Iron and Ironing Board to be available in the rooms (like they are in EVERY SINGLE hotel!)

The dining area is one of the restaurants successes, more-so at night, and they have such lovely staff in the evening - their younger waitress who served us the whole night made is feel very welcome and introduced herself to us by name. I thought this was a nice quality. It was also really pretty to be able to retreat to the comfortable sofas by the warm fire after dinner. Felt brilliant.

Breakfast was then a different matter. In terms of customer service an immediate change in staff is required. The woman who was running breakfast seemed to have just woken up. Her hair was a mess and she kept yawning everywhere and seemed generally disinterested. Sort of like she had grown bored of the whole role she was occupying. I had to wait twenty minutes for a plate to start my breakfast and i just don't see the whole logic in the way the Savoy Park operate their breakfast mornings. Its cheap, not well thought out and highly disorganized. You get a plate if you want an egg...preposterous.

The real problem with the hotel is the engagement of the staff to go above and beyond the call of duty and really carefully learn what it means to be part of the Customer Service Industry. Little tweaks could be made such as "Good Morning Sir" and it would really add such a vibrant professionalism to the environment. Its also 2013 - the days of wallpaper is gone and the rooms really need to be updated - maybe some Ambi Pur around the reception, staircase and corridors leading to the rooms would remove that disgusting food smell...and a quick observation from the owner on his staff wouldn't go a miss either. I dont think i'd return.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank nbgeo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
Stirling, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

My husband and I booked a one night stay at the hotel through itison. We were welcomed warmly by all staff and were not made to feel in any way inferior due to our manner of booking. We had a lovely bottle of wine as part of our deal and we decided to have dinner in the hotels restaurant, it was a fantastic meal. I am vegetarian and was catered for greatly. We would definitely return maybe bring our 3 children next time.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Argyll
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

I visited here as an overnight birthday treat for a friend and the staff couldn't have been friendlier or more attentive during our stay. One of my friend's became unwell during our visit and the hotel staff couldn't have been more helpful or understanding.

The rooms are a lovely size and the common areas are fantastic. What a wonderful place. I'm delighted to have discovered it and hope to have the opportunity to stay again soon.

Thank you all for an amazing time.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Coatbridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

We have just returned from a 3 day stay at the Savoy Park, we cannot speak highly enough of our stay.The accommodation was of a high standard, the staff were very helpful and approachable, however for us, it was the was the whole meal, it was incredible, top quality, fantastic presentation and most importantly, delicious! Their menus were well balanced, fantastically varied and excellent value for money. We highly recommend a visit to the Savoy Park, we definitely will back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

Was put into this hotel by my company and was so happy with the choice. lovely staff, big airy room with view over garden, excellent food. Would come here again on an instant! I think I was in an ordinary double and it was very comfortable - tea & coffee available etc. Couldn't open window but didn't need too - I'm sure friendly staff would have obliged!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

Superb food sumptuous room friendly staff but the bar could do with being a bit bigger the meal at the wedding I was at was best I've ever had highly satisfied with this hotel and would highly recommend it for a wedding or a dinner b&b treat

• Stayed August 2012
Sauchie, null, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

Just got back today from a short stay here ... We visited thanks to an "It is on" promotional deal. The place was lovely. The Interior decor of the rooms was nice, immaculate, good facilities and fast broadband. As for the Bar and Restaurant, these were very special, the nearest thing to staying in a stately home, you could get. The food was both reasonably priced and of the highest quality. I have eaten out a lot in my time and yet I said to my wife and friends at the table that my haddock, chips, peas and tatare sauce main was probably the best fish and chips I have ever had, and I was born and raised and spent 95% of my life in the Great Yarmouth/Lowesoft area, renowned for the best fish and chips. For afters I shared a toffee crumble which came with separate servings of cream, ice cream and custard.. Again I said at the table that I think it was the best dessert I had ever had!!! .. Breakfast, again was excellent, with the most tasty bacon, sausage and haggis I have eaten in a long time. The gardens were very pretty, illuminated and well maintained and the staff, were all first class... Many Thanks, hope to visit again soon... Adrian & Sonya Bussey.

Room Tip: The stairs on the second floor would be a little steep for less mobile guests.