Savoy Park Hotel
$93
$90
Western House Hotel(Ayr)(Great Value!)
$91
$67
$67
  • Bar/Lounge
Travelocity
All reviewsno lifthoneymoon suitewalled gardenfirst classlovely hotelwedding receptionshort breaksteak piewould highly recommend this hotelwedding partytown centrean overnight staylarge bathroombooked this hotelhaggisstayed here for one nightexcellent value for money
Reviewed July 8, 2012

My partner and I stayed here Sunday the 1st July, it was one of they KGB deals, the hotel could have been out in the highlands the way its decorated and I mean in a nice way, Its on racecoruse road and our room was on the front of the building on the first floor, but you could not hear the road at all, the room was large but a bit dated, but very clean, with a comfy bed, we had a 3 coruse dinner which was lovely, and the service spot on, breakfast was selfservice but you orderd your eggs how you liked them also poridge, which was lovely. the only down side was there was a wedding the night we were there and as we were on the first flood could hear the band playing as if they were in the bathroom in the room, and I was woken throught the night when they were moving the tables setting up for breakfast, but since we were not needing to be up too early it was just a mild irratation, would I go here again Yes it was close to the main street and the beach, and a lovely relaxed layed back hotel.

Room Tip: ask for the second floor
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 6, 2012

My husband and I have just returned from a 2 night stay at this family run hotel which is in a lovely location by the sea, but also close enough to walk into Ayr. Staff were friendly and very helpful and the food was excellent, especially the steak and seafood! The room (No. 11) was a good size, with a sofa and large flat screen tv. The bed was comfortable. The en suite had a bath and a separate shower.

We have been to Scotland many times but never to Ayr. However we will certainly return as the countryside and views around the area are beautiful. Certainly worth a visit.

Keep up the good work Robbie.

Thank you.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Booked a twin room (B&B £85 per night for the Superior) for two nights as this was the venue for a family wedding.
On arrival we didn't expect to find an obstacle course of cloths, tins and painters redecorating the corridor by our room and the next morning (the day of the wedding)the stairs were now also being painted. Both mornings we were woken by the workmen's noise outside our bedroom door before 8am.
On the first morning it was all self-service breakfast however on the second morning we were provided with some table service.
I would expect to find the bedroom spotless, it wasn't it was dusty and there was hair and bits of plastic left by previous guests under the beds.
When I mentioned my observations as we checked-out the receptionist showed little interest and assured me that the paint was low odour ! Wonder why one of the painters was wearing a breathable face mask then !
Having said all that the Wedding was wonderful, the staff on the day cheerful and organised and the food was beautifully presented and very tasty. Well done Chef.

Room Tip: A lovely venue for a Wedding Day but this area has a large assortment of hotels perhaps offering a bit more attention/care of their overnight guests !
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank ReneeHNewport_on_Tay
Reviewed July 5, 2012

My daughter got married here in June 2012. The setting was wonderful with beautiful gardens and very attentive and friendly staff. An absolutely first class meal, we will definately be back to sample some more! Really good set up for band at night - dance floor in the middle with seating areas at both sides. Very nice breakfast in the morning. I would highly recommend this venue for a wedding! Thanks to all at the Savoy Park for their help in making my daughters day run smoothly.
The only minor gripe I have heard from our wedding guests was - they were painting the upstairs hallway therefore there was a strong smell of paint....... All in all a great venue for a wedding.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ayrshire1Scotland
Reviewed July 5, 2012

We enjoyed the beautiful surroundings of the Savoy Park for a July wedding we were attending. Couldn't fault it, the food, attention, friendly staff and well kept rooms were all you could ask for.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple