All reviews leisure facilities churchill suite leisure club sea view steam room party night lovely hotel an overnight stay night porter executive room itison deal birthday treat walk in shower smoked salmon first class bit dated sea front
Selected filters
Reviewed February 28, 2019

Attended a weekend conference held at the hotel. Staff couldn't be more helpful and friendly. Great location and good food. Excellent conference room. Good facilities. Would certainly recommend the hotel.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Mark_S_Fairfield, General Manager at Fairfield House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2019

Dear Jan G
Thank you very much for taking your time to post a lovely review on here. I was very happy to hear that the conference went well and we look forward to hosting you again next year.

Reviewed February 26, 2019

Lovely staff, nice breakfast. Some of the rooms are a bit outdated so opt for a refurbished room for the same price. The drinks are very pricey but i suppose that's the same for most hotels. Leisure facilities could be doing with a wee upgrade but they were clean enough.

Room tip: Ask for refurbished
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Mark_S_Fairfield, General Manager at Fairfield House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2019

Dear Nikks_review
Thank you for taking your time to review the hotel. I was glad to read that you found the breakfast nice and team lovely. We are in the process of refurbishing more bedrooms as appropriate. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed February 24, 2019

Enjoyed a midweek break at this friendly central hotel. Our room was spacious with plenty of storage and was clean with comfy beds. We enjoyed the relaxing leisure facilities - swim, spa, steam and sauna. The meals were delicious with plenty of choice and were served by efficient and friendly staff. We enjoyed relaxing on the comfy couches looking at the sea view and having a drink. Can’t find anything negative to say and would definitely return as great value - a lovely experience.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear mojo51
Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review, I was very happy that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us. I shall ensure to pass on your kind comments with regards to the delicious food and friendly team here. We hope to welcome you back n the near future.

Reviewed February 18, 2019 via mobile

We stayed over valentines weekend. Not a smile in sight as we arrived. We upgraded to a ‘suite’ but I don’t think we got this. The set dinner valentines menu was ok, around 5 choices with every course which I thought was a good selection however having a fussy partner, the menu wasn’t available till around 3:30pm and dinner was booked for 5:45pm so we didn’t have much time to prepare anything else if nothing was suitable. Breakfast again was good as was a buffet - plenty choice. The issue we had was how unsound proof the rooms were. When we first arrived in our room around 3pm I commented to my partner that I could hear the room next to us walking around as the floor boards were squeaky, little did I know this would be the least of our issues! We heard a lot of noises during the night - being valentines weekend I think we all know what I’m talking about. As we left we were hoping not to bump into anyone in the corridor!

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank drea1566

Dear drea1566
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on here. Please accept my apologies that we did not live up to your expectations or usual high standards, we usually receive fantastic reviews on the friendliness of the team here at the hotel. I was glad to read that you found the food to be of a good standard. We shall have the issues with the floorboards looked into. I hope this has not deterred you from visiting us again.

Reviewed February 18, 2019

Just returned from an overnight stay at the Fairfield on an itison deal. On arrival we were greeted by Hasan on reception who had very kindly upgraded us to a sea view room, which we would highly recommend. The room was large and beautifully furnished. Food in the hotel for dinner and breakfast was excellent as was also the service. We found all the staff at the Fairfield to be friendly and efficient (particularly Hasan on reception). We would highly recommend the Fairfield and fully intend to return soon.

Room tip: Book a sea view room - it's well worth it.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear blair_mcconville
Thank you for taking the time to post such a lovely review on here. I was very glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I shall pass on your comments to the kitchen about the excellent food. Hassen shall also be over the moon with your post! We hope to welcome you back n the near future.