“Brilliant hotel, amazing staff”

Fairfield House Hotel
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Ayr
Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Fairfield on the 27th and 28th sept 2013 for my friends wedding, I don't usually write reviews by felt I had to as everyone should know how good this hotel is! From the minute we arrived the staff couldn't have done more, especially the General Manager Robert who went above and beyond to accommodate us and help us to get organised for the big day, the food (from the meal on fri, the breakfast and the wedding meal itself) was out of this world, the rooms comfortable and clean and the hotel has a very relaxed chilled feel its located by the beach front and has a lovely big decking area where guests can sit out and enjoy a few refreshments whilst looking over the water at Arran. It was the perfect weekend and the staff are absolutely brilliant the best hotel I have stayed in by far and would recommend it to anyway! Next time ur in Ayr get down to the Fairfield it's not to be missed thank you all for the perfect
day!!

• Stayed: September 2013

Reviewed September 30, 2013

My husband and I got married in the Fairfield on the 28th September 2013 and could not have had a more perfect day thanks to this hotel. The meal was fabulous, the staff attentive and everything went so smoothly thanks to their hard work and attention to detail. So many of our wedding guests who stayed in the hotel praised it highly and were delighted with their rooms. Special mention to the manager Robert who made sure everything was perfect. Could not recommend this hotel enough and most definitely will return .

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Stayed recently with my Mum as we were visiting one of my schoolfriends who lives in Ayr. We were in Blenheim, with a fabulous view across the sea ( to Arran when it was a clear day).Very cosy, staff very friendly and helpful. Thanks to Sarah, Karen, Morvan and Carol. The hotel is in a lovely peaceful part of Ayr, well placed for touring the area. Food was great, surroundings nice and relaxed.

Room Tip: Worth paying for a room with a sea view
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 23, 2013

stayed here for one night hotel beautiful but bar prices to high we stayed in room 4 not nice a very big damp patch on ceiling and bed had stains on the base very old fashioned decorated . we ordered breakfast to the room and was charged 5 pound room service I asked for a lattee coffee was told only black coffee or tea. went 2 bar 2 buy a lattee at 10.20 and was told they don't serve it to 10.20 .it was a special occasion for my friend but was wasted by the room what a mess room was more like a 2 star hostle

Room Tip: avoid room 4 at all costs
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank libby s
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We booked via hotel connexions and paid £140 for 1 night DB&B, we arrived just after 1400 and were informed that the room wasn't ready so we decided to wait in the bar; I ordered 2 pints of lager and this cost £9.90 (daylight robbery)

Once they were ready around 1430 we collected the keys to our room and to say I was not impressed with the room would be a vast understatement. I was very very disappointed, the room was nicely decorated but the bed was tiny and every time you moved on the bed the headboard made a squeaking noise this meant any movement in bed through the night woke me or my partner very poor sleep. The carpet in the room has certainly seen better days it was well worn and not worthy of a 4* hotel and certainly not what I expected for the price I paid. The room itself had 2 small windows that were high up and the view out of the windows was roof tiles when you stood up to look out of the window the view was of a small courtyard below, room was quiet but there was a noise like a toilet fan that wouldn't go away and drove my partner nuts.

Restaurant also seemed very expensive but as we were on a DB&B basis it didn't matter but if we were staying B&B I would certainly have eaten elsewhere.

The hotel was clean and the staff were pleasant enough but for the rates they are charging for the room we stayed in was far too expensive.

I would not stay here again

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Fowsky
Reviewed September 14, 2013

we had stayed here before but for one night and our second visit for four nights was just as good as the first time. the staff are friendly and efficient. our room was spotlessly clean and the décor was beautiful. the bed was comfortable and we got a good nights sleep every night and no noise even though the room was on ground floor and near to the car park. breakfast was great - plenty of choice and the cooked breakfasts were tasty and cooked beautifully. we also had cocktails and dinner most evenings at the hotel. The food was sensational - beautifully presented and served by friendly staff. we didn't have time to use the leisure facilities but plant to do so next time. we will make this our first choice of hotel when we visit this area again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2013

My wife and I had an excellent one night stay here to celebrate our anniversary. The room and bathroom were huge and very clean and tidy, and we found all the staff to be very friendly, but professional.

We stayed on a DBB deal, and the dinner was exceptional. My wife chose from the standard menu, whilst I had three wonderful courses from the Rosette menu - all of which were a little different from the usual fayre.

It was also nice the following morning having a cooked to order fry up, which meant everything was hot and fresh, compared to the usual buffet style.

All in all it was excellent value for money and I would recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ayr
Western House Hotel
#7 of 17 in Ayr
The Fox & Willow
The Fox & Willow
#8 of 17 in Ayr

Been to Fairfield House Hotel? Share your experiences!