Fairfield House Hotel
$93
$90
Western House Hotel(Ayr)(Great Value!)
$91
$67
PremierInn.com
$67
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsleisure facilitieschurchill suiteleisure clubsea viewparty nightsteam roomlovely hotelroom wasn't readyexecutive roomnight porterfour staran overnight stayhuge bathroombirthday treatvisited this hotelsmoked salmonisle of arran
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Spent 3 nights in July and were very impressed. Lovely hotel, safe parking, nice location, friendly staff, great breakfasts, good dinners. Our room was fantastic - very large, superb bathroom, sitting area with TV and sofa etc. Didn't use the fitness room but swimming pool and spa bath were very enjoyable. Reasonable room rate. Would definitely return.

Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank penguinsfriend
RobertDCrews, General Manager at Fairfield House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2011

Dear Penguinsfriend,

Thanks for your kind review and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Fairfield Hotel
Best Regards

Reviewed July 26, 2011

While staying at another hotel in Ayr last year my husband and I took our daughter and her fiance to The Fairfield House Hotel for a drink, as we had stayed with friends the previous year.
They got married in May this year but as my daughter had been made redundant could not really afford to go on honeymoon.
We offered to pay for a few days away and they said they would like to stay at The Fairfield.
I phoned and spoke to Sarah who gave me a very good price for 3 days.
She emailed confirmation and I replied explaining they were on their honeymoon. I was absolutely delighted when she upgraded them.
Their comments were everyone was so friendly and not like some hotels where staff are too busy to stop and speak.
They liked it so much they want to go back with 'the in-laws'

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Dalefan22,

Thankyou for your kind review of the Fairfield House Hotel , I will pass your comments to the team here. I hope to welcome you back in the future

Thanks and regards

Reviewed June 12, 2011

We have stayed here a few times now, and were looking forward to our stay. I booked way back in February for a one night stay on 4th June, asking if it was possible we could stay in our favourite room. Reception confirmed that indeed room 25 would be available. My wife phoned again nearer our stay, asking to book a second night, the 3rd, and was told no problem - room 25 was booked for us.
It was therefore a disappointment to arrive at the hotel to be told sorry, room 25 is already booked, and we have no note of your preference for this room.
The reception staff and duty manager were very friendly and helpful however. The room we did stay in was large, comfy and clean. We also received a small discount on the rate and a complementary bottle of wine with dinner.
When we asked any member of staff for anything, it was never a problem. No coffee in our room on Saturday, no problem we'll send some up. No pre-booked newspaper delivered on Saturday, no problem - read mine. But that's the problem - we shouldn't really have to ask for these things.
We will stay again however, and just hope these minor niggles are not an issue again

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
RobertDCrews, General Manager at Fairfield House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2011

Dear Chanpagnefan,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay here at the Fairfield House Hotel. I am sorry we dissapointed you by not having room 25 available , it was an error on our behalf by not putting comments in your booking however I was glad to hear we did try and resolve the situation. You are correct that you should not have to ask for certain items that you have already asked for and I will cascade your comments to the team here to ensure there is no recurrence in the future. Again thank you for your comments and please do not hesitate to contact me direct to book room 25 in the future
Best regards

Reviewed June 6, 2011

We stay at the Fairfield when ever we are in Ayr and this is going back 15 years,I had my 30th aniversary party there, it was great, the hotel is usually great I couldn't fault it but then again we always phone to book but this time the lines were down so I booked online and was given room 18 overlooking the top of the kitchen with all those fans, one look said to me and my husband, move! so they gave us an outside room ground floor, with the window looking out to the car park with people coming and going, I tell you I didn't feel safe there! so they moved us again to a room up above the hall where wedding parties are held. It was very noisy the room was vibrating with every sound from the music but it did stop at 12a.m. but they started cleaning up and moving the table and chairs so we got to sleep at 1a.m. We did complain but it did greived me so to do this, some hotels are very unreliable I always thought I could rely on the Fairfield, No I didn't get it discounted!! I found a £10 note near there reception and gave it to the man in charge and he claimed it as his and that he dropped it and thanked me for my honesty.

Room Tip: dont go online call and book dont get room 18
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Irmaseta
RobertDCrews, General Manager at Fairfield House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2011

Dear Irmaseta,

Thankyou for your review regarding your stay here at the Fairfield House Hotel.
At the outset please accept my appologies for your dissapointment. I have been informed
by my Deputy Manager that he did try and resolve the situation by moving rooms and I am sorry none were suitable. Room 18 and the outside Carrick rooms are beautifully furnished rooms and are requested on a regular basis by our corporate clients , however I do agree that room 18 does not have a view and the carrick room when you open the front door you see the car park in front and the seafront to your right . The only other room available to us on the Saturday night was in the section near the Function suite. I am sorry it spoilt your stay. I do hope this has not permenently marred your opinion of us and hope you will return to us , if you do decide to return, please contact me direct and I will ensure a seaview room is allocated at a privilage rate.
Yours Sincerely

Reviewed June 3, 2011

I stayed here in April 2011 and thoroughly enjoyed it. I used to dine at Fairfield House quite often some years ago (their food has always been excellent) but had not been back recently. It's clear that there has been an extensive refurbishment in the meantime, which has been well done, with much money spent.
My room was clean, freshly decorated and beautifully furnished - although it is worth noting that I did pay a premium price to get an above average room and so expected nothing less. However, I was not disappointed.
I dined in the restaurant and the food was imaginative and excellent. The waiting staff were first class.
My only criticism is the absence of free wi-fi. This is a mistake. Customers paying hefty executive rates quite reasonably expect this to be included - and not a further expense.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
RobertDCrews, General Manager at Fairfield House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2011

Dear RHB 100,

Thank you kindly for your excellent review , we have refurbished and continue to, so we can continiously improve the product we offer. Thankyou also for your praise of our food and service teams which I will relay to them. I am however a bit confused at your comment on our wi-fi , we do provide free wireless internet throughout the Hotel and I will check incase we have missed some old litreature in the Hotel bedrooms.
Again thanks for your comments
Best Regards