Mercure Ayr Hotel
$69
Western House Hotel(Ayr)(Great Value!)
$137
$85
$77
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $96/night.

Beechwood Ensuite Rooms(Ayr)(Great Value!)
$71
Travelodge
$66
PremierInn.com
$117
The Burnside Guest House(Ayr)(Great Value!)
$82
Orbitz.com
All reviewsspa facilitiessea viewcentral locationgood sizebuffet styletown centrebit datedgreat weekendcomfortable roomnight breaka lovely staymy mumcooked breakfastjacuzzireceptionistcoursesscotland
Reviewed March 26, 2013

For £45 a night I wasn't expecting miracles but this hotel was everything I could have asked for and more. Cheap, secure parking; friendly, helpful staff; and easy to find. The morning after the night before meant that I was a little to fragile to experience the breakfast but my friends who made it down throughout enjoyed the food.

Downside, there was only one... I felt that the en suite could have been a little cleaner, the shower curtain had been used by a previous occupant as a handkerchief which was a bit off putting when having my morning wash but other than that I would definitely recommend this hotel to others who might be venturing down for a stay in Ayr.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Lindsay S, General Manager at Mercure Ayr Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feeback following your recent stay with us. I am pleased that, on the whole, you and your friends had an enjoyable visit.

Needless to say I shall pass your comments on to the Housekeeping Department to prevent any future occurances.

I hope that you will look to stay with us again during any future trips to Ayr, and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

A very well situated hotel right in the heart of Ayr, it is suitable for all groups and ages and is within walking distance from the beach, shops, pubs & clubs.
The hotel offers a varity of services and would highly recommend the restaurant & food...
The hotel is excellently managed and all staff were very friendly and helpful.

In summery I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Eat in and enjoy the food.....
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Kennedy88

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay at the hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your meals and found the staff to be friendly and helpful. This is something that we pride ourselves upon at the hotel.

I will be sure to share your kind words with the whole team and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Got a voucher for my mum for Mother's Day ! £100 between us for a night stay, full use of facilities, a three course dinner & breakfast. Great value ! Staff were lovely and friendly - always smiling and helpful ! Our dinner was delicious and the staff were wonderful ! Our room was a good size with everything we'd need for a night stay.
Swimming pool, jacuzzi, steam room and sauna were great and we had a great time relaxing !
Great location and literally a five min walk from the train station.
Great night away

• Stayed: March 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback following your recent stay with us. I am delighted that both you and your Mum had an enjoyable, relaxing time and were able to make use of all the facilities.

I will be sure to pass your kind words on to all of the team and we hope to be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Stayed here for the second time due to it's location. First impression of the outside of the building is terrible but the hotel is clean, comfortable and not bad for the price we were charged however if you want luxury stay elswhere. There is small leisure centre where you have to use your bedroom towels and then later when back in your room you can request replacements, we found this a bit odd and rather inconvenient. We did not pay for breakfast this time as we did not particularly enjoy breakfast when staying here previously. Would probably book this hotel again though due to the location.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Lindsay S, General Manager at Mercure Ayr Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay with us, I will be sure to pass your comments to the Leisure and Restaurant Teams.

We will hopefully be able to welcome you back on your next trip to Ayr and perhaps give you an improved breakfast experience.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

This hotel ticked all the boxes when we took a group of adults and children away for the weekend. Central location; competitive prices; rooms clean and tidy; food fine; special mention to the staff who were very accommodating; pool an added bonus. Would strongly recommend for large groups and we would not hesitate in returning again in the future.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback following your weekend with us. I am pleased that you and all the group and an enjoyable stay.

I am delighted that the hotel team made your stay as comfortable as possible and the group were well looked after.

Upon your future visits to Ayr, whether as a group or with the family, I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the Mercure Ayr Hotel.