“Excellent Hotel”
Review of Mercure Ayr Hotel

Mercure Ayr Hotel
Ranked #15 of 17 Hotels in Ayr
Reviewed March 25, 2013

A very well situated hotel right in the heart of Ayr, it is suitable for all groups and ages and is within walking distance from the beach, shops, pubs & clubs.
The hotel offers a varity of services and would highly recommend the restaurant & food...
The hotel is excellently managed and all staff were very friendly and helpful.

In summery I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Eat in and enjoy the food.....
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Kennedy88
Lindsay S, General Manager at Mercure Ayr Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay at the hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your meals and found the staff to be friendly and helpful. This is something that we pride ourselves upon at the hotel.

I will be sure to share your kind words with the whole team and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Got a voucher for my mum for Mother's Day ! £100 between us for a night stay, full use of facilities, a three course dinner & breakfast. Great value ! Staff were lovely and friendly - always smiling and helpful ! Our dinner was delicious and the staff were wonderful ! Our room was a good size with everything we'd need for a night stay.
Swimming pool, jacuzzi, steam room and sauna were great and we had a great time relaxing !
Great location and literally a five min walk from the train station.
Great night away

• Stayed: March 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback following your recent stay with us. I am delighted that both you and your Mum had an enjoyable, relaxing time and were able to make use of all the facilities.

I will be sure to pass your kind words on to all of the team and we hope to be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Stayed here for the second time due to it's location. First impression of the outside of the building is terrible but the hotel is clean, comfortable and not bad for the price we were charged however if you want luxury stay elswhere. There is small leisure centre where you have to use your bedroom towels and then later when back in your room you can request replacements, we found this a bit odd and rather inconvenient. We did not pay for breakfast this time as we did not particularly enjoy breakfast when staying here previously. Would probably book this hotel again though due to the location.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Lindsay S, General Manager at Mercure Ayr Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay with us, I will be sure to pass your comments to the Leisure and Restaurant Teams.

We will hopefully be able to welcome you back on your next trip to Ayr and perhaps give you an improved breakfast experience.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

This hotel ticked all the boxes when we took a group of adults and children away for the weekend. Central location; competitive prices; rooms clean and tidy; food fine; special mention to the staff who were very accommodating; pool an added bonus. Would strongly recommend for large groups and we would not hesitate in returning again in the future.

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback following your weekend with us. I am pleased that you and all the group and an enjoyable stay.

I am delighted that the hotel team made your stay as comfortable as possible and the group were well looked after.

Upon your future visits to Ayr, whether as a group or with the family, I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the Mercure Ayr Hotel.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

I was part of a large group of both adults snd children thst stayed here for the weekend.
We found the hotel to be very clean and pleasant with good facilities. We enjoyed the lovely pool and the games room in the basement was a super area for the children to play in. Some of the areas would benefit from a little fresh decoration, but don't let that put you off. The best feature of this hotel is the wonderful central location. A 5 minutes walk to a lovely beach snd a fantastic children's playpark, while the shops are only a minute 's walk away in the other direction. It is also surrounded by a range of excellent restaurants. We loved Saffy's which is just across the road from the hotel.

Dear Guest

Many Thanks for your feedback after your recent stay with us, I am delighted that you had an enjoyable weekend.

I am pleased to see that you were able to take advantage of the local amenities and had some time to make use of our own leisure facilities.

I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel whether that be as part of your group or for simply a weekend away with the family.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

My husband and I have just returned from another break at this hotel. I have stayed at this hotel on several occasions and each time I have not been disappointed. Hotel staff are friendly, courteous and informative. Hotel spa, although dated, is well equipped, the pool and jacuzzi good, but pool can be a bit cold. Rooms clean and comfortable, we have booked/been allocated sea view rooms on our last two visits, which was nice. Food and bar facilities also worth trying, good value for money and food excellent. Looking forward to my next visit.

Room Tip: Upper sea view room a must.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank OKanes_13
Lindsay S, General Manager at Mercure Ayr Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Dear Guest

Many Thanks for your kind words following your stay with us, I am delighted that you had another enjoyable visit.

I will be sure to pass your comments on to the team who constantly strive to make every guest's stay as enjoyable as possible.

We will hopefully be able to welcome you back for another enjoyable stay very soon.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

As my title suggests this is not my first visit to this hotel. With clean spacious rooms, a great breakfast, pool to relax in and friendly staff I think you would struggle to find a better hotel at these prices. Located in the centre of Ayr with its own parking, its perfect to visit the local sights, the many local golf courses or as we did the numerous bars and restaurants. I look forward to my return in 2015.

Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments following your most recent stay with us, I am delighted that it was another enjoyable one.

I will be sure to pass on your kind words to the rest of the team and we look forward to visit number 8 in the not too distant future.

Lindsay Steele

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ayr
Western House Hotel
#5 of 6 in Troon
Travelodge Ayr
Travelodge Ayr
#9 of 17 in Ayr

Been to Mercure Ayr Hotel? Share your experiences!