“Nice lunches”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We have had lunch here several times over the years when in this part of Scotland, our latest visit being last week. I was suprised by the bad reviews as we have only had good experiences. Our food has always been fresh and tastey. Admittedly we have stuck to sandwiches, soups, flatbreads, pizza etc and never been of an evening. The pizza are great and a steal at only £5 each. We have always found the staff really good. It would be my restaurant of choice for an evening meal but you are on a good bet for brunch/lunch

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Were taken here by family for an evening meal. Although what we had tasted fine, I am not a fan of places who serve food on a huge plate with next to nothing on it and charge you a fortune for it.

2  Thank emacayrshire
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Was looking for somewhere different to have my mid morning cuppa whilst out doing my Saturday shopping. Came apon the Caprice and decided to give it a try...normally just go to one of the big stores ...and will definately be back here. Sat in the spacious restaurant/bar watching the wolrd go by from my window seat. A young lady came over to take my order, she was pleasant and helpful and returned soon after with my latte, followed a little while later with a danish pastry accompanied by some whipped cream and a small portion of fresh fruit.It was well presented and I thoroughly enjoyed chilling out over my coffee. When I went to pay I had to query the bill....£2.95! I thought that I had not been charged for my latte but was assured that it was correct.Turns out there a number of morning specials on obviously to encourage early morning shoppers in so I will definately be returning here instead of one of the big stores.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

My wife and i visited Caprice not sure what to expect. What I got was one of the best meals I've ever had. Running both a daily specials and a la catre menus, there was so much choice. I had the Monkfish meuniere with brocolli puree and my wife the seafood risotto. Both were out of this world. The chef is a gifted and tallented individual and i cant wait to return to sample his food, truly an asset to this lovely restaurant.

Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

Didn't plan to eat here today but so glad we did & will def plan to go here in the future. Pizzas amazing @ special offer of £5! Staff could have been more attentive but had a lovely time there.