All reviews woodland lodge the main house oval room flight path amuse bouche building work venison great night first class ayrshire countryside itison voucher an overnight stay wedding venue bed and breakfast one night stay huge bathroom return visit
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I visited this hotel today with my family for afternoon tea and a glass of fizz and what a disappointment. I booked through itison which we,ve booked through before and previously it has been a great experience,, We arrived at Enterkine House only to discover it is in the middle of building a new extension which meant we had to park in what can only be described as a piece of waste ground. When the afternoon tea was served we were really surprised how little there was for 4 adults I think they must figure if you,re getting it half price they,ll give you half the portion also no glass of fizz the actual sandwiches and cakes were tasty but definately not enough for 4 adults also no attention to detail the outside of the coffee and teapot both looked as if they needed a good wash. For the member of my family who wasn't, facing the lovely view out of the window her View was an open kitchen door with an abundance of mops and cleaning materials which is quite ironic given the state of their pots, also the whole time we were sitting not once did the man who served us ask if everything was OK he had the look of someone who didn't want to be there and to be honest I don,t blame him
,So all in all not an experience we would like to repeat my advice to the management of this establishment is close up shop until your extension is completed you are not doing yourselves any favours and my advice to anyone thinking of going here for afternoon tea is DON,T

3  Thank Brian B
Reviewed September 9, 2019

Stayed one night at Enterkine House Hotel, which was given to us as a Christmas gift. Only after reading reviews were we aware of construction work, would have been nice if the Hotel had informed us a time of booking.
The room we had was the MacKay in the main building lovely big room, the bed was comfortable, but could have been doing with being updated, maybe the rooms will be renovated next after the work has been completed. The bathroom was huge as well, however the old plumbing let it down, the water pressure was not great and half through having a shower the water just stopped totally had to switch off and back on again.
The bar & restaurant area were lovely, the staff really friendly. Could not fault the food at all, was gorgeous, my other half even saying that it was one of THE best gammon steaks that he has had. Our breakfast in the morning though was awful, I asked for scrambled eggs on toast, and the eggs were like rubber and too peppery plus obviously had been microwaved, i can cook them better at home. My partner had the pancakes with bacon and maple syrup, again these were not fresh made and in his opinion had be bought in and just heat up. Very disappointed after having such a beautiful meal the night before.
Also the wifi was not working, which if we had stayed longer than one night would have been a problem as my other half has an online business so has to check in every day to keep up to date with it.
Not sure if we would go back.

1  Thank traceukw1
Reviewed September 8, 2019

I just want to start by saying the staff at this hotel were lovely, unfortunately that was the only good thing about it.
The outside of the hotel is very unwelcoming, mainly due to renovation work however there was nothing done to keep the entrance to the hotel looking nice.
The rooms... well not really sure where to start. Old, dirty stained carpets, towels with rips in, scatter cushions and throws on bed were also very dirty.
I don’t understand it’s so easy to buy towels for the rooms!
The restaurant area is lovely and so being a hotel (the rooms being the most important thing) it should all match however the rooms I’m not sure I would give a 1 star.
The food in the restaurant was average however like i said before the staff were lovely.
The star rating here is purely for the front of house staff.
Will not be returning unfortunately.

Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank nottingham87
Reviewed September 6, 2019 via mobile

We visited as I received a voucher as a gift. The hotel is undergoing a lot of construction which I think will look fantastic once finished. The grounds and temporary car park are in a bit of a mess due to construction.
We stayed in the ‘luxury lodge’ a short walk away from the hotel. It has a beautiful bathroom. The room was clean. But there was no phone signal or WiFi. There is a tv in the room but it doesn’t work. The view from the restaurant was stunning. Food was okay. Fairly mediocre. Breakfast again was limited and basic. It was fine for a stay as a gift but I wouldn’t rush back.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sweeney1991
Reviewed September 5, 2019

Went recently for afternoon tea with an itison voucher. Both the staff and the views were brilliant but what let it down was the size of the sandwiches and cakes, I know it stated dainty sandwiches but the sandwiches were very small although the fillings were very tasty. Same for the cakes tasty but one bite and they were gone. Have been for afternoon tea at a few hotels and this was the only one that we did not go home full or with a bag to take away the remaining cakes. Appreciate that there is building works but having to park the car in a muddy car park and walk with muddy shoes was not great.

1  Thank housegirl