“Best ever”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Restaurant is located in Ayr in United Kingdom. ta
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We were only staying in Ayr for one night and stumbled on this brilliant place. The food was freshly cooked and well presented and very reasonably priced. Friendly attentive staff. We had popadoms and chutneys and a mixed starter. The naan bread was so fresh it was huge and too hot to handle and tasted fabulous. Guided by a very knowledgeable waiter we had a 3 different dishes for our main. Couldn't handle the ice cream to finish so called it a night. Definitely recommend a visit.

Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

Having tried so many Indian restaurants since moving to the area, this restaurant is by far the best that I've been to.
Internally, the decor is a bit tired. However, the food quality is exceptional, reasonably priced and the service is good.
It's never that busy if you want to sit in so getting a table is usually not a problem. This is the only Indian restaurant that I will part my hard earned cash with.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Fantastic food and service is easy to pass by. Decor in stairwell does need updating but don't let it put you off would highly recommend

Reviewed March 17, 2013

As this restaurant is upstairs it seem to often get passed by. I have eaten here many time over the past 3 years and never had a bad meal - I have even converted my girlfriend who never liked Indian food.

Service is good (although a short wait between courses goes to show that food is freshly prepared) and priced very reasonable. Better and cheaper than other Indian restaurants close by.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Last week my friend and I went to the Kashmir Restaurant in the Sandgate, Ayr. The £11.95 menu each, for two people, consisted of Poppadoms, Pickle, Mango Chutney and Spicy Onions. The Spicy Onions are made by a Brummie, whose name is Tony, who is both very knowledgeable and chatty, and who prepares these delectable portions to an old family recipe. The sharing platter starter for two consists of Chicken Chat, Chicken Pakora, Vegetable Pakora, Mushroom Pakora, Chicken Puri and a mixed Salad. The atmosphere at the Kashmiri is very user and family friendly. The owner even goes by the name of "Happy". Add three main courses to this meal along with Rice and Nan Bread, and this was well worth £11.95 each. The three main meals we ordered were Minced Lamb Masaledar, which my friend thought very authentic, my Kashmiri mixed curry was a bit drier than I thought it would be, but this was the way the curry was meant to be. I just tried to venture out of my comfort zone. The Butter Chicken however was well within my comfort zone. It was buttery, (as the name suggests), creamy, and in a word, gorgeous. Heaven on a plate. The Peshwari Nan was like all Peshwari Nans Red and Sweet in the Middle. Add deserts and drinks and the bill came to just over £20.00 each. The decor is very "Indian", and the staff are all attentive and friendly. The toilets, are very clean, although be prepared to climb another two flight of steps to get there. All in all, I would recommend this eatery to everyone that appreciates Authentic Indian Cuisine. What you see is what you get. 5 out of 5.