“Great coffee and lunch stop”
Review of Cafe 51

Cafe 51
Ranked #43 of 197 Restaurants in Ayr
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Our bistro style cafe in a classic setting provides delicious food in a warm ambiance and with our outdoor terrace you can take in the street atmosphere whilst enjoying your freshly prepared food or a relaxing drink from our range of specialist teas and coffees, alternatively, why not bring your own bottle? (Corkage charge applies.) Our menus include open sandwiches, pasta dishes, stir fry and pizza, all freshly prepared at Café 51 and our breakfast menu will set you up for the day with our delicious frittatas, warm rolls and bagels. Or, if you are eating on the go, choose from our Food to Go menu and enjoy a tasty snack made with freshly baked bread and healthy ingredients. Delicious home baking is available throughout each day so why not indulge yourself from our selection of scones, pastries and cream cakes
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Popped in for an early morning coffee this time but have been in before when it is buzzing and had a coffee and a scone. The service is good, I have marked it as average only because it wasn't very good.

The food choice is good and it's a buzzy cafe atmosphere. For me it's not the best coffee shop in Ayr. It's nice but the best for me for a nice lunch, is the Beresford across the road.

Top tip, overlook the fact this coffee shop is attached to the furniture/kitchen show room next door. It's a great stop when you have done with browsing and want a rest. I will definitely be trying the haggis and neeps next time I am in.

1  Thank BettyBoo2u

Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

Perfect start to the day. Poached eggs cooked to perfection, followed by a delightful moist fruit scone. Highly recommend :)

2  Thank Craig B
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Food is brilliant. Try the Haggis Tatties and Neeps the sauce is to die for. Althought the pub is small the rooms are separated at different levels so if you want a quiet conversation you can have one.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

When in Ayr I try to visit the Cafe 51 wonderful food and even if you only fancy a scone and coffee it's like a meal in itself. First class.

1  Thank Brian D
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I've not given a terrible rating as no one was hurt ......however...
I went in with my wife a few weeks ago. It was a lovely day and the front doors (large) were fully open. The cafe was not busy, I counted 4 other tables with customers. There was 3 staff working. We sat for ten minutes and not one of the staff came to take our order. This was really disappointing as we had used the cafe in the past and found the food and prices reasonable without being out standing. I mentioned to the staff that we would like to order and then still did not come to take an order. As you can imagine, we got up and left, walked 50 yards to somewhere that was delighted to take our money with the large profit margin for the business!
I feel for the owners, they are being let down by inattentive staff. I doubt we will go back.

2  Thank S_W_er135