“just fab”
Review of Foxhat Tearoom - CLOSED

Foxhat Tearoom
Cuisines: British
Description: Charming tearoom in the heart of Ayr Town Centre. Friendly atmosphere, homebaked cakes and delicious tea and coffee.
Reviewed May 15, 2012

I honestly cannot find a nicer shop in Ayr. Its beautifully presented. The service is wonderful, and the coffee is DELISIOUS-always promtly searved with a smile. I have bought many items of clothing from Foxhat - just can't seem to stop myself buying something when I visit. I always look forward to visiting Foxhat and I'm always bragging about it to my friends. LOVE IT!!! Thank you Foxhat ladies - couldn't live without you!

2  Thank gillian m

Reviewed April 10, 2012

Very surprised by previous review. Have been in Foxhat several times and have always found the staff extremely pleasant, helpful and friendly. The coffee is amazing and the scones even more so. I bought a beautiful dress and couldn't believe the service. Thank you Foxhat ladies. Keep up the amazing work.

1  Thank AnnMonaghan
Reviewed April 8, 2012

Everything about this place appeals to me. I pass it pretty much everyday on my way to work the window displays are beautiful and I always want to pop in and have a look but never have the time.
I was delighted to find myself free one afternoon when passing it and went in with a friend for a look around and a coffee. I was so massively disappointed when, instead of being met with a smile or even just a polite hello, We were greeted with a glare. I wandered around the store and again approached the sales assistant, trying to show I wanted some help. Nothing she just glared at me. Terrible service, there is just no need for that level of ignorance.
Typical, the one shop in Ayr that really takes my fancy, and the staff are rude.

2  Thank emeraldgreen3
Monica F, Owner at Foxhat Tearoom, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2012

Thanks you very much for taking the time to post your review of Foxhat on trip advisor - we very much value all of our customers feedback. I am so sorry that on this occasion your experience was not a more positive one. We are a family run independant business that has been trading for just over a year. One of our main reasons for statring the shop was to provide excellent customer service and products that were just a little bit different. We have many loyal customers from Ayr and beyond and very much enjoy being part of the community we have created.

We would love for you to give us another chance - why not pop in again, sit down, relax and enjoy our delicious coffee and home baking?

I look forward to seeing you soon & please ask for me when you are in and I'll happy to help you with any assistance you require.

Best wishes Monica @ Foxhat

Reviewed March 29, 2012

Coffee shop, plus clothing and homeware, all of top quality. Lovely staff. Coffee and delicious scone very reasonably priced, will visit again.

1  Thank holiday186560
Reviewed March 27, 2012

I've visited the Foxhat fairly regularly and LOVE it. It's part tearoom/classy clothes/gift shop. There are only about six tables so it never becomes too busy. The staff are always very welcoming and know when to chat and when to leave you to enjoy their wonderful coffee and freshly baked scones/cakes.
It has a country-cottage atmosphere and if you happen to be alone it's certainly not boring as there's lots to look at. Lovely atmosphere. Unusual gifts including Kath Kidston items and delightful clothes to browse through. It's impossible to pass a more pleasant hour in the town centre than here at the Foxy Foxhat!

3  Thank ProverbsLady