“Excellent meal”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ayr
The Chestnuts Hotel
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Ayr
“Excellent meal”
Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

Had a fabulous lunch today to celebrate my sisters birthday. Food fabulous, staff first class, attentive and friendly. Venue excellent. Will definitely return here again soon. Highly recommend this hotel to those who have never been here.

Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

We as a family love this place. Just wish it could be nearer to our home. But worth the travel , a little taste of heaven ,great for all the family . Staff amazing . thank you again so much , from your friends the Lothian family

• Stayed July 2014
Sudbury,Ontario
Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

The Chestnuts Hotel is a lovely small hotel with fantastic staff. We had stayed in room #11 , a Family room with a double bed and single bed. I was a little worried as I could not find a good picture online of the room before I went, but the room was great. It was big and had a window on each opposite wall to allow a nice cross breeze. It was also very well cleaned each day.
The front staff at check in ( I unfortunately cannot remember his name) was very friendly and helpful. We arrive early and our room was not quite ready for us, as we expected of course so no complaints here, so we walked down to the seaside as it was a beautiful sunny day. When we got back about 45 minutes later the room was ready for us and our (very heavy) luggage was carried upstairs.
The food was delicious! We ate lunch outside in the garden and dinner in the bar later that evening and both times the food was fantastic!
My only little complaint was that on the first night in our room, there was a strange noise just outside the wall. It sounded like a loud knocking/whirring which kept us all up for hours. We had to dig around for our earplugs ( including for our 8 year old) because there was not hope of sleep with it constantly going. I don't know what it was , either it was mechanical or a piece of exhaust equipment from the kitchen, who knows. We did not complain to the front desk the next day as we crossed our fingers and hoped it would not be a repeat for the second night. The second night , not a peep! The beds were very comfortable so we slept like logs:)
I would defiantly recommend this small charming hotel to anyone who is visiting this area and if I head back this way , I will be staying there once again!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dunbar, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 18, 2014

My family and friends stayed at this Hotel for a wedding. The Hotel was busy with other parties but could not be more helpful or welcoming - lovely atmosphere and welcome. Room was really clean, comfortable (in fact we overslept) and the breakfast was excellent. Hotel was very generous when we were running late checking out too - could not have asked for a better place to be!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Ayr, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 16, 2014

The chestnuts proved to be an oasis in our welcome but short summer , the gardens serving drinks and quite exceptional food was beautiful.
The service was with a smile and and it was a very pleasant change to see just how hard they worked to make everyone feel welcome.

The bar was busy with diners and the restaurant was beautifully decorated and busy too.. Everything about the Chestnuts was an experience everyone should have..

Value for money , first class service in a wonderful setting, I would suggest you try the haggis dishes which are a joy!!!

Room Tip: We used this for a restaurant only, my parents did stay however and said it was 10 out of 10
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 10, 2014

I spent four nights in the Chestnuts on my own and I was very impressed with it. The location is great, just two minutes from the seafront and very near a large green space which was the old racecourse. The staff are lovely and could not do enough to make me comfortable. The room was very quiet with a large bathroom. I ate in the restaurant three times, apart from breakfast, and was very pleased with the food and the service. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Vancouver Island, Canada
Reviewed July 8, 2014

After a very long day, all the way up from Dublin, all we wanted was a warm welcome and a big bed. The hotel on Racecourse road is lovely, nice trees, great setting. We got our warm welcome. Indeed not a single thing was too much trouble. We got everything we needed by way of information or directions and all done with cheer and good humour. The room was large and very comfortable. That big bed was more than welcome. A meal in the restaurant garnered five stars. The breakfast was as good as expected. Very, very highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple