“Great value”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ayr
The Chestnuts Hotel
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Ayr
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Was at the chestnuts for a friends birthday meal.The service we received was truly superb ,the food was a delight,the beef and ale pie was a meal in itself.The staff never rush you giving you plenty of time between courses,after your meal there is a lovely bar to retire to.The best thing is the surprise we got when the bill arrived very good value for a top class meal.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I would like to thank the staff for an excellent weekend we go every year for the bowling and cannot fault the service from all the staff keep up the good work guys. see you all again next year. this hotel is very friendly and as I say the staff cannot do enough for you very attentive, the rooms are spotlessly clean and very spacious and comfortable, and what can I say about the food, to die for never had anything on the menu that wasn't as good as the last meal great choice well done to the chief, if anyone has a complaint about this lovely hotel I don't know where they have been before this hotel would be very hard to beat on all the above points I have mentioned, no wonder it is very popular always very busy no matter what time of day it is, i cannot praise the staff and management enough for the excellent service and attention to detail. keep up the good work guys and see you all again next year. from the bowling ladies from Edinburgh

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We were a big family party, had a lovely night, the staff are great, very helpful and friendly. The food was really good, worth going back for more. Leek and potato soup was delicious, haggis pie very tasty, steak pie excellent. Large portions didn't need a sweet.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Very accomodating , Great Staff , check in time flexible as we were attending a wedding at the Brig O Doon which has limited accomodation . Room 3 was superb , lovely bathroom and massive bed.The Scottish Breakfast was super (disappointed with the Links ,what happended to the square sliced sausage ?) , sorry we were only staying one night.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I stayed for 9 days at The Chestnuts as "home base" of our Ancestory trip to Scotland with my Father and Son. We each had a room and found the accommodations to be of the highest quality. Rooms were very clean & well maintained. The Hotel Pub is a great area to relax and meet new people. The food and beer is very good. The hotel is perfectly located in Ayr to allow for walking to downtown, the beach, etc.

The owners are wonderful and take a "hands on" approach to their Hotel. They take the time to know their guests and go out of their way to meet any and all needs. I had an emergency appendectomy surgery while visiting Scotland. The owners visited me in the hospital to bring me magazines to read and gave special attention to my Father and Son back at the hotel while I was in the hospital. Amazing customer focus and service that has been transitioned to the entire staff as well.

This is the perfect "home away from home" and you will feel like part of the family. If you're staying in or near Ayr, Scotland, you HAVE to stay at this Hotel.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 14, 2013

. Can thoroughly recommend this hotel for very good food, friendly service in attractive, clean surroundings. Although we haven't stayed overnight, we have eaten there often and the food is always of a high standard. The staff are very helpful. We recently had a celebration dinner here for a number of people - it was excellent and all thoroughly enjoyed themselves - a great evening!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

I visit the chestnuts bar lounge every time I'm around the vicinity and I have never been disappointed yet! The staff are very friendly and helpful, there is a really nice atmosphere (especially on cold days with the fire on), they have a good selection of real ales and the food is always tremendous! My personal favourite is the beef stroganoff which is simply delicious!!
I have never stayed in the rooms so cannot comment on them but going by the rest of the place, they would not disappoint!

Highly recommend to everyone!

• Stayed: July 2013