“Fantastic Witherspoon's”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 1, 2014

I love the Witherspoon's chain, particularly when I need to eat in an unfamiliar town as you know what your going to get.

However, I found this one to be better than expected. The venue itself was stunning, with the restaurant being in an old church. On the night we went in it was pretty busy but the service was superb and the food came quick. The burger was cooked to perfection but there was slightly less chips than we normally get at other locations.

Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

Visited the West Kirk on the 4th December for breakfast as a rare treat because my partner was leaving for a few weeks for work that day.

We both ordered the Breakfast Bloomer & a drink each. The total for this was almost £10.

When the food arrived we couldn't wait to get tucked in.

WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT!!

The bacon was solid, the egg had obviously been left frying too long as there was a crust covering the full bottom, the sausage was cold & the bread had obviously been made into the sandwich & sat under a hot plate for god knows how long until someone arrived to bring it to our table!

We were both hungry though & ate what we could but upon leaving I decided that it simply wasn't good enough & went over to ask if there were any customer comment cards.

Not only did the girl behind the bar attempt to serve another couple before me (even though I had obviously been standing there a while) she then informed me that she thought they'd 'run out' of comment cards.

I decided then to tell her exactly what I thought of the disgusting excuse for a breakfast.

No apology, no nothing, I didn't want a refund & I made that clear however some sort of apology would've been appreciated.

Word of advice : up the game Wesk Kirk & rota in more service staff to avoid the abysmal queues & service!

2  Thank Myaqua
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Went shopping to AYR today, and had a fantastic breakfast in the "WEST KIRK". Everything on the plate was freshly cooked, and hot. They also have an offer where you purchase a filter coffee, and can have refills free.......just what was needed on a cold morning.....excellent value, and very friendly staff.

1  Thank myrtlebank
Reviewed November 13, 2013

10 of us visited the restaurant and the service was excellent the toilets spotless and the quality of the food great . The Chef produced 10 meals all nicely presented and roasting hot . We enjoyed our visit

1  Thank ScotlandLaddie
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Visited here with my friend and her son to celebrate his birthday one lunchtime. It was a typical Wetherspoon's pub, cheap and cheerful. It was very busy due to it being steak day. We chose to have hot dog, jacket potato and burger. The building is an old church and is quite magnificent. Service was fast.

1  Thank Ruby37