“Standard Wetherspoons in a fascinating church conversion”
Review of The West Kirk

The West Kirk
Ranked #60 of 193 Restaurants in Ayr
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

The main features of this converted church have been left in place, so makes for an interesting visit alone. Friendly mixed crowd, very busy in Saturday night. Otherwise a standard Werherspoons pub. Good range of well priced ales.

There are newer reviews for The West Kirk

Reviewed May 6, 2013

There is a few of us try to go on a Sunday for the Sunday Roast Dinner. Its not fantastic but considering the price we all feel its worth it. The staff are pretty good & even although there is no music we like it because you can have a chat & be heard!!!!
As for the booze......good price with none of us gasping as to how expensive it is!!!!!! Bottle of Tinto Vino =£8 brilliant

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Looked amazing on the outside, when coming many of the original features of a church have been kept, only the benches have been taken out and tables and a carpet been put in. Nice food but typical pub food, nothing special. But it is nice to have your supper in such a different location! Worth to be seen

Reviewed March 24, 2013

and they serve some awesome haggis, neeps, and tatties! I always enjoy my Scottish supper when I am visiting Ayr.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Where do I begin with Ayr Wetherspoons? Again, complaints about dirty, disgusting, sticky tables, which are unacceptable in my view. I politely asked a barmaid with straight brown hair (avoid her at all costs!) if I could have the table cleaned and all I got was a vile attitude. She could also be doing with giving her teeth a jolly good clean too, if you ask me!

The food arrived, it was cold. The staff all looked like they were ready to jump ship, so avoiding any more hassle, I asked to speak to the manager. Big mistake! He was as bad as the barmaid.

I won't go into detail about the flat Pepsi, filthy toilets and sticky carpets. Eat here at your own risk. We will never be back here again.

2  Thank mrsjwilmot